Notices

Soon to be Porsche owner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 AM
dpaul
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Soon to be Porsche owner...

The wife has a Lexus SUV and wanted a Range Rover Evoke. The Consumer Reports came out and blasted the Range Rovers for poor quality since Tata took them over (their quality has always be suspect).

I asked her to look into a car as opposed to a SUV. We went to a Porsche Dealer to test drive a Macan and a Cayenne. She loved the drive and the luxury of the SUV's. She was impress with the SUV's but agreed to test drive the Cayman. Upon return of the test drive which I figured she was going hate ( 5 foot tall and could not see the end of the front fascia... she's short). I was already thinking the Cayman was a no-go. She was speechless trying to describe the feel of a real sports car. She kept on saying things like "... you don't understand what if feels like in you when you turn and accelerate in this car..." Oh yes I do... she just never felt it". This was her first performance/sports car test drive (she never drove my prior "muscle car, which was no mid-engine Porsche). She was hooked and insisted on the Cayman.

We order the car tomorrow an Jim Ellis Porsche in Atlanta and delivery will be taking delivery at the Porsche Experience facility in Hapeville, GA.

I ditched my 400+ horsepower muscle car years ago... I was thinking about another muscle car after she received here Porsche. I am now leaning (already decided) on getting a 718 S with sport exhaust.

I have a lot to learn in this great Porsche community.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM
dpaul
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's official.... Porsche ordered today. We're both excited. I used to believe the old "There's no replacement for displacement" adage. I test drove a 718 S today and WOW, have I been corrected. The new adage should be "There's no replacement for Porsche".

We only ordered her a base Cayman with some non-performance options, I'm sure we will be pleased. Both of our test drives were in an S, since they did not have any base Caymans. We have an empty third car garage, and I'm thinking I will be buying a higher performing Porsche to fill that empty space. I had plans for an AC Cobra (replica of course) for that garage, but the handling of the S pretty much ditched the Cobra idea.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:24 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! The Cayman is a belter!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats! Get one of each!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats and post pix when it comes in.

Eddie

Quick Reply: Soon to be Porsche owner...