Notices

Bucket Seats for GT3... Reality or a Pipe Dream?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 10:53 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Bucket Seats for GT3... Reality or a Pipe Dream?

So there is not a day that goes by that I don't kick myself for not getting bucket seats for my 2015 991 GT3. I know for resell maybe those seats are not as desirable or popular (so they say) but since I enjoy tracking the car, and it is not my daily driver I feel silly for not making sure I get bucket seats.

I am at a cross road where I don't know what to do... Do i put in a pair of Racetech or Sparco seats or do I wait to find out if Porsche will ever come out with bucket seats for those who want to purchase them.

I called Sun Coast in Florida and they told me that Porsche had said they would be coming out with 991 Bucket seats for sale in the first quarter of 2017, but when I call the local Porsche dealership they say they have not heard of this nor can they even confirm it to any extent.

Even worse is if you wanted to replace your GT3, GT4 bucket seats you are not able to. The Porsche parts manager said it is 100's of parts you have to buy and put together. I asked him to add them up so he calls back 30 mins later to tell me he stopped at $31,000 and he was not even done with the first seat!!

So... Does anyone out there know or heard of Porsche coming out with GT3 bucket seats in the not so distant future or is it just Porsche again playing with my heart?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Quick Reply: Bucket Seats for GT3... Reality or a Pipe Dream?