Notices

Looking for Input on Agreed Value Insurance appropriate for Spirited Driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Dave964
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Input on Agreed Value Insurance appropriate for Spirited Driving

After having enjoyed the heck out of my ’90 Porsche 964 for 6 years, it is undergoing significant performance modifications. When the modifications are done, I’ll even more enjoyably challenge back roads and begin doing DEs. The 964 is not a daily driver. In past years I’ve insured the car under a conventional auto policy. Given the value of the work now being done on the car, I think I want to do an agreed value policy.

I’ve asked two agents for quotes. One has given a quote from Hagerty; the other a quote from Condon Skelly (division of NSM). Although the coverages appear relatively similar on paper, the costs associated with the two quotes are worlds apart. The Condon Skelly coverage is about 1/4 the cost of the Hagerty.

Has anyone been down this road with insurance before and be willing to share their experience? Should I be wary of an insurer that seems oriented toward gently used collector cars? Has anyone had a policy with and had experience needing to file a claim with either Hagerty or Condon Skelly? I understand that Hagerty also offers HPDE & Track Day insurance. Has anyone encountered issues with agreed value coverage from one company and HPDE track day insurance from another carrier?

Thank you for your thoughts,
Dave

Quick Reply: Looking for Input on Agreed Value Insurance appropriate for Spirited Driving