Notices

991.2: Gremlins, squeaks, rattles and issues....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 AM
BertoneBertoni
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 991.2: Gremlins, squeaks, rattles and issues....?

I guess this is one for strictly Gen 2 owners....

Done 500 miles and getting a few noises from the rear as follows:

(1) On poorly surfaced roads (eg. freeways in particular) I get a metallic buzzing, almost as if someone's left a piece of metal 'unclipped'/unfastened which provides a hi-frequency noise - like a loose wire coat-hanger resonating against a metal object. On smooth roads it disappears.

(2) On lateral 'road ridges' the rear suspension 'skips' and the sound is like someone hasn't fasten the hood properly. I actually stopped to check that nobody had left some vestigial packing under the rear decklid during the pre-delivery inspection.

Is this suspension-related ? I actually thought it might be something to do with the engine moving marginally from its rubber mountings and (sharply) settling again. Weird.

My immediate thought was: should have got the S/Chrono which (I think) provides hydraulic engine mounts.....but surely that's just for sharp on-off throttle applications and high-g cornering...?

Nothing too serious that it can't wait for completion of the running-in period, but your thoughts are always appreciated.

Quick Reply: 991.2: Gremlins, squeaks, rattles and issues....?