Notices

Poor dealer experience, next steps help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Mike127
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Poor dealer experience, next steps help?

TLDR; Brought 981 Cayman S to dealer for intermediate service, various small warranty work, and a CEL for faulty ignition coil #6. Dealer does not loan P cars while car in warranty work but issued a car through on site Enterprise that the dealer was to cover cost. Less then 30 miles after retrieving car back from dealer the same CEl pops up and a few days later I get a charge from enterprise for over $600. Service contact no longer responding to email/voicemail.

Hi all,

I am looking for advise on next steps to do after a poor (my first) Porsche Dealer experience (Reeves Porsche of Tampa).

Dec 7: Call and scheduled appointment for intermediate (20k) service, warranty work, and check/fix CEL. The dealer offers a loaner car through Enterprise at dealer expense.

Dec 13: Bring car in at scheduled time, go through paper work of jobs/parts included, I have them remove brake fluid flush as i'll do it on my own. Dealer states that it may take a week for the door panel and headliner to come in. After waiting 30 more minutes I get a 2017 Eco Boost Mustang loaner and am on my way. (Loaner should have already been ready when I was there as it was pre-discussed.

During the next week I call 3x and leave voicemail asking for update on progress. I hear nothing back.

Dec 22: I email asking for updates as I will be going out of town for 23rd - 26th and then 27th to 2nd. I get a reply at end of day that they are putting the headliner and door panel on and everything should be good to go. Says I should come pick up on Monday (Dec 26th) between my two trips.

Dec 26: I arrive at the dealer mid-day to pick up, service is very off-putting "Why are you here?" almost as if I shouldn't be (now I am a 25 y/o so not typical Porsche consumer). We go through what was done, it's all well and good. No representative from Enterprise is there to inspect the loaner (there is no damage), I was not directed what to do with the car even. I left the keys with the sales cashier and went on my way home (10 miles away).

Dec 27: *goes on vacation*

Jan 2: Back home and drive car, within 30 miles the same CELs come back. I think "maybe this is a fluke or the computer re-adjusting". I continue to drive normal the next few days as I have HREs en-route I would like to get on the car before sending back to the dealer. The car was only driven 4 miles while in service, not sure if they can even check a coil fix in that time.

Jan 6: $621 posted on my cc from enterprise. I email my service rep about the issues, also including C pillars poorly re-attached where there are obvious gaps.

Jan 9: Call service rep, leave vm.

Jan 10: (Today) It has been 2 business days and no reply. The CEL seems to be gone after ~250 miles.

In my initial email I asked that the loaner charge be re-funded, my car picked up (I actually offered to bring it in if necessary), and a new loaner (free of charge of course) offered as they fix the issues they didn't correct in the first place.

Who should I contact next, my request seems reasonable yes? I do not plan on continuing business with this location, any preferred dealers in the Tampa area?

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

You should get a survey from PNA - Dealers tend to take notice when PNA tells them of poor customer response.

Why not call and speak to the GM rather than a service adviser?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:29 PM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you try going there again and speaking with on-site Enterprise people in person? In my experience things like this need to be dealt in person, not over the phone / email.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Mikebte
Pro

Best thing you can do is sit down with someone. Even if it is the sales manager.
Go in and ask for a manager, you may have to bend the truth.
Tell them you want to buy another someday, but unless the service department can get you taken care of, you will be forced to take your business else where.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Mike127
Advanced

Originally Posted by Speedster911
You should get a survey from PNA - Dealers tend to take notice when PNA tells them of poor customer response.
Why not call and speak to the GM rather than a service adviser?
Originally Posted by MrSlacker
In my experience things like this need to be dealt in person, not over the phone / email.
I've yet to get a survey. If I had the ability to go in person I would have, I have a very difficult work schedule to get around. I was able to bring into service originally due to being on 2 weeks of vacation.

Originally Posted by mitch9000
Good lord......10k + components in this machine we call Porsche. It's not working as advertised? **** happens.
Got a crappy loaner? Not worthy of you, now a
Porsche owner? Had to wait 30 mins? Cry me a river.
Sack up and handle your business. Stop being such a ***** looking for the RL group think on this topic.
Not once did I complain about something not working, I complained about lack of service that is part of the value included when buying a Porsche. If you don't mind not getting full value for things you pay for, have fun with that.

From my understanding, most Porsche dealers give out Porsche loaners not only during warranty work but also during larger service work, so this was different and a lower level of service provided in my opinion.

As someone who is new to the Porsche ownership world (and cars under warranty world), I was asking for advice from those who have experience already. It's called learning.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyways, update. I was able to get in contact with the Service Manager and he has been very helpful and stayed in contact. The dealer picked up my vehicle from work, provided a 2017 Macan off the lot with a full tank of gas that was not expected to be refilled.

The CEL has been fixed (another cylinder coil and spark plug were bad). The dealer put a few miles on the car to ensure it was corrected this time. The C pillars were warped when they originally took them off the car to the point they won't mount perfect again. The Service Manager has now ordered new ones from Germany and will pick up my car again once they come in to make a perfect fit. So I have my baby again until that time.

This has turned into a great service experience. It's just too bad it wasn't from the start.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike127
I've yet to get a survey. If I had the ability to go in person I would have, I have a very difficult work schedule to get around. I was able to bring into service originally due to being on 2 weeks of vacation.

Not once did I complain about something not working, I complained about lack of service that is part of the value included when buying a Porsche. If you don't mind not getting full value for things you pay for, have fun with that.

From my understanding, most Porsche dealers give out Porsche loaners not only during warranty work but also during larger service work, so this was different and a lower level of service provided in my opinion.

As someone who is new to the Porsche ownership world (and cars under warranty world), I was asking for advice from those who have experience already. It's called learning.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyways, update. I was able to get in contact with the Service Manager and he has been very helpful and stayed in contact. The dealer picked up my vehicle from work, provided a 2017 Macan off the lot with a full tank of gas that was not expected to be refilled.

The CEL has been fixed (another cylinder coil and spark plug were bad). The dealer put a few miles on the car to ensure it was corrected this time. The C pillars were warped when they originally took them off the car to the point they won't mount perfect again. The Service Manager has now ordered new ones from Germany and will pick up my car again once they come in to make a perfect fit. So I have my baby again until that time.

This has turned into a great service experience. It's just too bad it wasn't from the start.
Glad it's getting sorted. Apologies for the tone of my initial response.

Quick Reply: Poor dealer experience, next steps help?