Notices

Dr. Colorchip

Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dr. Colorchip

A rogue rock hit my wife's new SUV (Volvo XC90) and created a nice little quarter inch scratch on the hood. No dents, but scratch is deep enough to take out the paint. Been seeing/hearing about Dr. Colorchip for ahwile. Anyone used this before? Any tips?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:15 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

I used it once on my 986 on stone chips, it's not as good as advertised and maybe a little better than brush touch. If you want it done to excellent standards it's way better to find an excellent body shop they might be able to fade in a repair, doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:50 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It works ok. You will get much better results if you do it yourself, but you do need a polisher.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM
stan23
Racer

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
I used it once on my 986 on stone chips, it's not as good as advertised and maybe a little better than brush touch. If you want it done to excellent standards it's way better to find an excellent body shop they might be able to fade in a repair, doesn't hurt to ask.
Well, I got the kit the other day and applied it. You are right on the money. It's not the best solution, but one step above just brushing it on the car. The chip/scratch on my wifes car was down to the metal, so I had to do about 5 applications.

It's good enough for me.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dr. Colorchip