First Porsche, First Topic, Meet my Carrera 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Curtis Good
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Porsche, First Topic, Meet my Carrera 3.0

Hello Rennlist,

I bought my first Porsche last year and it is currently being refreshed a bit by Stuttgart Southwest in Tempe, AZ. It is a 1977 Carrera 3.0 Targa with approximately 145k miles that came in through California at some point in it's life. It has been painted white (originally orange) and has a 3.2 930/25 motor with a 4 speed 915 transmission, and sadly no A/C. It had some rust on the front suspension pan, so that is currently being replaced. The interior looks brand new, so I am assuming that it has been redone. The car also seems to have sat for a while, but after smoking for a few minutes on the initial startup, it is running strong and smoke free with only a slight drip from the oil line. Overall I am pleased with condition and the find. The VIN is 9117610250.

I plan on driving it daily to the gym and cruising on the weekends until somebody that wants it more than I do makes an offer that I can't refuse. I am considering finding a 930/02 motor to put back into her and a repaint back to it's original color when funds allow. I have searched for info on the car but have yet to find anything about it. It isn't listed on the registry on carrera3.com and haven't seen any posts regarding it here or elsewhere. So, if any of you know anything about it, please share. I plan on getting a COA from Porsche to gather more info about the car, but are there any other resources that I can use to find out more about how it came from the factory?

Here are a few pics:

Quick Reply: First Porsche, First Topic, Meet my Carrera 3.0