Notices

Role of classic Porsche 911 in owner's life - School Project

Old 11-28-2015, 03:21 PM
r_porsche911
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Role of classic Porsche 911 in owner's life - School Project

Hello Everyone,

I am MBA grad student and a Porsche 911 fan. As part of my school project for consumer behavior class I am studying the role a classic Porsche 911 (1960-1975) plays in the life of the owner. The reason I picked this project is due to my fascination to the original 911s and the rich history. Unfortunately with family and mortgage I haven't had the opportunity to buy one yet but always dream of getting one maybe the 1980s 911 in the near future.

I would appreciate if any current or previous classic 911 owners would give me feedback or insight into what role does this car play in your life? Gives you a sense of accomplishment? Pride? Pleasure? Dream come true? Makes you feel like a sports car driver? Or something else...please feel free to provide your feedback. Thank you for the feedback and I hope to be a part of the Porsche community soon.

Regards,
Old 12-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a 911... but a 356.

Dad bought #222522 (one of the last C coupes made) and took delivery July 26 1965 from a dealer in Tampa, Fl.

This is the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born.

This is the car we took family vacations in.

This is the car I learned to drive in.

This car has been a part of my entire life.

For what I will spend restoring it, I could probably buy a C coupe that has already been gone over. But it wouldn't be *my* C coupe.

There are many like it. But this one is *mine*.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Role of classic Porsche 911 in owner's life - School Project