Porsche tops JD Powers IQS for 3rd year in a row

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:08 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,781 Likes on 4,774 Posts
Default Porsche tops JD Powers IQS for 3rd year in a row

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/06/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2015-j-d-power-initial-quality-study.html
Old 07-04-2015, 06:26 PM
RobtS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the frequency of repairs/trips to the dealer for repairs on 991s?

Thank you for the encouraging news- I needed that. I bought my first Porsche in 2013, a new 911 C4S (demonstrator, 460 miles) and it is the most awesome car I've ever owned- I can't stop smiling when I drive it, even now.

However, I'm beginning to wonder- What are the frequency of repairs/trips to the dealer for repairs for other 991 owners?

One reason I recently joined the forum is actually due my questions on the 'reliability' of the car. I've been to the shop for 6 different warranty repairs in 23 months. Many of us had the 991 heating system actuator/valve issue (no heat), however I've also had a transmission leak, shifter cable issue, a major issue with one of the cylinders, and now cooling system errors (still trying to resolve that).

I'm starting to worry what will become of me after the warranty expires, if this keeps up. Again, the dealer has been great, but I'm disappointed as I've never owned another car with this many visits for repairs (and I usually keep cars 5 or even 10 years.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,781 Likes on 4,774 Posts

Originally Posted by RobtS
Thank you for the encouraging news- I needed that. I bought my first Porsche in 2013, a new 911 C4S (demonstrator, 460 miles) and it is the most awesome car I've ever owned- I can't stop smiling when I drive it, even now.

However, I'm beginning to wonder- What are the frequency of repairs/trips to the dealer for repairs for other 991 owners?

One reason I recently joined the forum is actually due my questions on the 'reliability' of the car. I've been to the shop for 6 different warranty repairs in 23 months. Many of us had the 991 heating system actuator/valve issue (no heat), however I've also had a transmission leak, shifter cable issue, a major issue with one of the cylinders, and now cooling system errors (still trying to resolve that).

I'm starting to worry what will become of me after the warranty expires, if this keeps up. Again, the dealer has been great, but I'm disappointed as I've never owned another car with this many visits for repairs (and I usually keep cars 5 or even 10 years.
I would never keep a 991 past the warranty period.

It's like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver loaded with 5 bullets.

Quick Reply: Porsche tops JD Powers IQS for 3rd year in a row