Notices

New Member Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:53 PM
BIGJake111
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Needs Help

Greetings all, My name is Jake. I am junior in high school and a big Porsche enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Speed yellow Boxster S. However, that is not why I am here, I am currently in a introduction to marketing class and need help doing market research. My target market is pretty hard to come by so if you do not mind it would mean alot if you could follow this link to fill out my survey. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/529w8b9 Thanks in advance.

For those interested here is the product proposal that the survey applies to.

Summit Raceway & Automotive Complex Attraction Proposal

The Summit Raceway & Automotive Complex will be the premier gathering for those seeking an automotive retreat. The resort will feature a world class automotive recreation complex as well as availability to real estate and lodging in our cottages. Nestled among the western Carolina mountains, the resort will be located near to the metropolitan areas of Charlotte, Ashville, Greenville, and Atlanta. The complex will be a two hour drive from the heart of Atlanta and a ninety minute drive from Charlotte. Targeting not only the executives of these areas, but also accommodating the middle class automotive market. People will be drawn not only for the attraction but also to stay and visit nearby attractions such as Biltmore Estate, Downtown Greenville, Smokey Mountains National park, Blue Ridge Parkway and The Green River. There are very few other road tracks in the Southeast, even fewer are open to the public more than once or twice a year; none of these tracks offer the beautiful mountain setting or an abundance of nearby activities.

The main attraction and pull factor of this resort would be the world class racetrack and the hill climb course located at the edge of the mountains along highway 25 near the N.C. border. With the beautiful scenery of the mountains and trees, people that have never cared for cars before will be drawn to witness this lush western Carolina track. The track will feature some difficult turns conforming to the lay of the land. The main street, blasting through a tunnel, will make any race an event. One thing that the area desperately needs is a hill climb course, which is why it will be included. The hill climb course will be unique as it encompasses the tunnel and track before branching out on a mountain climb, the course would quickly become a precious of competition hill climb courses. While driving up the hill climb you will be able to hear the resolutions of your exhaust off of the rock faces. Despite these precise road courses, the location is perfect for those seeking an off road adventure, rock crawling, mudding, and the rally will draw enthusiasts of all types. Once your vehicle is caked in mud or break dust from the track there will be an on-site detail and wash available to those staying, however, those simply passing through can pay a small fee to enjoy this amenity as well.

On site cottages will be available for lodging or long term ownership. The cottages decorated with race memorabilia from the golden age of racing; everyone will feel at home. Garages and tools will provided for those staying on site. There will be a community garage with a lift available for upgrades or maintenance, this will be automotive heaven. This location will provide for a stunning view of the mountains as well as the track. Sound deadening will be added to all the rooms so those seeking sleep and those seeking a thrill will not interfere with one another. People from all around the country will be drawn to stay here and visit the western Carolinas. Attractions of all sorts are nearby and will make the resort the perfect host for a multiple day automotive club meet. A conference space will be available for rent as well as the whole track to accommodate corporate events.

The resort caters to people across many market segments, however, all automotive. The affluent will love to own a cottage and have full access to the amenities and track. Retirees with a larger income will be attracted to visit the track while on tour. However, the resort will have many things for the local middle class to do. Staying on site will be at a reasonable price and weekend events and track days will be entirely tangible. The off road courses will be the least expensive and nearly available to anyone. At times of the year we will provide under $10 passes to run the hill climb in whatever car you want. Aside from driving on the track, seating will be available to watch events such as the American Le Mans series. The automotive market is very large in this area, with many graduates of the CUICAR program located in the upstate, as well as a large portion of local workers being employed at companies like Bosch, Michelin, and BMW. Aside from the locals the track is still a great location for people to visit from Ashville, Charlotte, and Atlanta. Car culture is very strong in this area, the world today is moving away from drag racing and straight lines, and Americans are seeking more road courses.

Aside from the consumer market the track will be a big pull for corporate sponsors. Automotive companies are always seeking a new track to test on and advertise with. BMW would be very interested in hosting their performance driving class at the track. CUICAR could partner for the sake of automotive research. Advertising space along the tracks barriers would be for rent. Porsche’s North American HQ is located in Atlanta and would also consider hosting events. Sponsorship opportunities would also be brought to housing developments such as the Cliffs. The track would be a prime site for corporate sponsorship due to its technical turns, unique road course and spotlight setting.

The cottages and race complex, a great place to stay, and a great place to drive; will draw in automotive enthusiast across many income brackets as well as corporate sponsors. No other attraction can better showcase the beauty of the western Carolinas, bringing a global spotlight on our beautiful mountains. Not only will the attraction boost tourism, but it will hopefully be an incentive for more automotive companies to take hold in the southeast, providing careers. Enthusiast of the world can rejoice, with the development of the Summit Raceway & Automotive Complex.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

I can vouch for Jake from his postings on the 986 Forum. He is the real thing.

Survey completed. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 AM
particlewave
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll vouch for him, as well. Jake is a good kid

Help him out with the survey if you have a minute. It's for a great cause...education!

Good luck, Jake. I'll hit the survey in the AM. Must sleep now.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:51 PM
BIGJake111
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all, my teacher will be impressed that I was able to find member of my target market to fill the survey out!

Quick Reply: New Member Needs Help