Notices
Events A place to announce events of interest

Cleveland Car Show

Old 03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
OhioMark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland Car Show

My son and I went to the Cleveland Car Show yesterday at the I-X Center and discovered that Porsche elected NOT to present any cars at the show?
All other manufactures were present including Audi, BMW, Mercedes from Germany so I don't understand Porsche's decision as I was looking forward to seeing their cars? Too bad and very disappointed!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Bullitt44
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

They have not been there for years, they did not even attend Detroit.

They attend LA and NY, page out of Ferrari's book.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:09 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Business must be good!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:22 AM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts

You'd think after producing an SUV they'd certainly go to the Cleveland Show. To be clear, I am dissing Porsche for going mainstream, but I'm old school; they seem to be having it both ways, ie., being exclusive and mainstream, the SUV is a moneymaker for them, oh well. They have chosen to put ad money in racing and not participate in auto shows other than for local dealers to foot the bill.

I sympathize, but it just isn't in their ad budget. I can only suggest that you have to travel to other events like Pittsburgh in July or Hershey in April to see tons of cars from individuals and local dealers and speed shops who bring their products.

Closer to home for you is "P2O" -- Porsche to Ohio, they bill it as "a casual Porsche event" in Granville, OH, also in July. p2o.morpca.org July 21-23.

I've been to there, a pretty college town, The Granville Inn and the Buxton Inn are expensive. You can stay cheaper nearby. Go early. Probably 150 cars parked on the wide main street by 8 AM.

Last edited by SteveG; 03-12-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cleveland Car Show