Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Luggage for a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 02:18 PM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile Luggage for a GT4

My wife and I are on the 9th day of a 23 day tour in our new GT4. Before we left, I did some measuring and we bought luggage which fits perfectly. I know you can get one huge bag for the frunk, but we found that you can put in two separate pieces if you lay them on their sides. Here is what I wrote a few months ago when we were in the process of buying luggage:

We looked at a lot of luggage but ended up getting two different sizes of Rimowa luggage: The Cabin Multiwheel (35.0 litre) and the Multiwheel (61.0 litre). In the frunk, you can lay one Cabin Multiwheel on its side in the bottom and then lay the Multiwheel on top of it. They fit perfectly!. [We went to the dealer to make sure they fit in a GT4 they had in their showroom.] In the trunk, you can fit one Cabin Multiwheel and there is a lot of room to spare but the next bigger bag from Rimowa will not fit. We think we will just fill the space in with odds and ends as we go. So you have room for three bags - two carry-on and one larger bag - plus some extra space.

Here are the dimensions of the two cases we got:

Cabin Multiwheel: 21.7x15.7x7.9
Multiwheel: 26.6x17.7x9.6

And here is a picture we took yesterday in Normandy of the car with the bags:

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1465492552

Please note, there is still extra room after all this! Hope this helps people looking for luggage space in a Cayman.

PS I have never included a photo before, so I hope this worked!
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. Nice - love the red bag w/ SB! Good optimization of bags
Old 06-15-2016, 04:54 PM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

We are super happy with the bags. Just hope it helps someone else who is planning to do ED with a Cayman.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:53 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

great info - thanks for posting! Hope you post more about your 23 day trip.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Very helpful! And your car looks great! I think this is the model of the Rimowa in the smaller of the two sizes.

http://www.zappos.com/rimowa-salsa-d...iwheel-black~2

Quick Reply: Luggage for a GT4