Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

To wrap, or not to wrap, that is the question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Anyone have a recommendation for a place that does similar work in or around Leipzig by any chance?
FYI. Found a place that comes recommended from SchwabenFolia in Stuttgart, which is where many people doing an ED of their Porsches go to. It's:

http://www.creasigns.de
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Just got my GT4 today and promptly dropped it off with Schwabenfolia for Xpel ppf. Sandro was really great to work with.

I wanted to get full custom on hood and fenders after I got back home but settled on getting the full front xpel package here, which also includes some protection behind the rear wheel as well. Also had the rocker panel kit. The kits don't cover the edges like a full custom does, but considering I'm driving a bunch of alpine roads in 2-3 weeks time I thought it was worth the peace of mind. I think the pre cut turns out being significantly less that what an equivalent custom job would cost me back home.

My bank allows me to withdraw $2000 from ATMs a day. There's a bank on the main street along the way to Schwabenfolia and I was able to to withdraw €1000 at a time there to make sure I had sufficient money before ordering the work.

If you "own" a business you don't have to pay tax which is great.

Sandro drove me back to the museum and when he brought the car back after it was done he had included a small free gift for my wife, and I and even threw in some extra work for free.

I'm really glad I got the wrap done to be able to drive more confidently on ED.

Just sharing my experience.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:12 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you verify that you own a business in order not to pay VAT? They are doing my Spyder June 7th.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:47 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
How do you verify that you own a business in order not to pay VAT? They are doing my Spyder June 7th.
You tell him you own a business and have him make the receipt out to your name ONLY. No address or contact info. The authorizes could only see the buyer was "John Doe" from the United States.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by loungin
If you "own" a business you don't have to pay tax which is great.
If you are not an EU Citizen and you will "export the goods" within 3 months you don't have to pay the VAT. Or, more-precisely, you get a refund.

However, since "wrapping" is a combination of goods and service, it might not be so easy.

http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/u...T__Refund.html
Old 05-14-2016, 03:48 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
I ended-up with several small chips in my windshield and nothing but bug guts on the paint. Wrap wouldn't have helped me.

See thread about wrapping after pickup. Next time I will seriously consider that (even though it ain't gonna help the windshield.)

Ugh. Second day with the car and I got a big chip on the windshield driving 150-160 kph on A61. I think it's likely to spread into a crack. I don't think we were following close although I don't remember if we were passing a big rig truck in the next lane.

So much for German roads being clean. I hear quite a bit of debris hitting the wheel wells although I'm not sure if that's just branches and leaves or rocks.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by loungin
Just got my GT4 today and promptly dropped it off with Schwabenfolia for Xpel ppf. Sandro was really great to work with.
Hi. Has anyone dealt with Sandro lately? I used him a year ago and have been trying to get hold of him for the last month without response.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:59 PM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent him an email last week as well, haven't heard back
Old 02-08-2018, 12:08 PM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

Sandro got back to me today. FWIW, they moved their shop and are now about 45 minutes away. He said they can no longer do same day partial wraps
Old 02-08-2018, 03:30 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mongolikecandy
Sandro got back to me today. FWIW, they moved their shop and are now about 45 minutes away. He said they can no longer do same day partial wraps
Sandro can do pick up service for you. He and his crew were fantastic on our .1 Targa.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:04 PM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

has anyone brought trakwrap with them and used that? I'd really like to have my guy here in ohio do it and correct the paint. I know it would look pretty bad, but could tide me over
Old 02-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone brought trakwrap with them and used that? I'd really like to have my guy here in ohio do it and correct the paint. I know it would look pretty bad, but could tide me over
Yes
Old 02-23-2018, 08:58 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had Schwabenfolia wrap the front half of my car for ED. Personally wrapped the rest of the car in Trakwrap for the drive through 5 countries. It was removed in the States and paint corrected, ppf and nano coated.

Trakwrap isn't common in Europe. People stopped dead in their tracks as I was wrapping the car and asked what the heck was going on lol
Old 05-05-2018, 08:00 PM
motomurr
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A Great Wrap!

When planning for the European Delivery of our new 911 Turbo, I had been noticing a lot more discussion about wrapping cars after delivery, but before driving them in Europe. This sounded good to me, especially because my new car had the optional Saffron Yellow Metallic paint. And so I contacted the firm most mentioned on Rennlist, Schwabenfolia in Bissingen, Germany, about 45 minutes east of Stuttgart. I was able to conclude all of the arrangements with them by email and on the appointed day they were ready to take the car.

To do the car completely would have required 4 days, a lot of that taken up with drying time. But in the two and a half days we had available they did a LOT and did it extremely well. As a basic package we took Option A which involved the whole front end, the front hood, A pillars, rockers and the forward-facing part of the rear fenders. In addition, however, they covered the optional carbon fibre trim on the door thresholds – even cutting out the word “turbo” – in the plastic material.

In summary, Sandro, Philip and Kristoph did an absolutely first-class job. It cost a total of $3800 CDN or about $3000 US. This was about 10% more than what I would have paid in Canada, but the huge benefit was being able to drive the car all over Europe without worrying about nicks and dings. In the end we drove more than 5,000 km’s, over a lot of roads with gravel and loose surfaces. In addition it seemed that every Autobahn in Germany was under construction. Overall, the potential for damage had been there, but there was not a mark anywhere on the car.

So, would I do it again? Absolutely! The benefits (even with the extra cost) were as advertised. The only thing I might do differently, is that I would get everything planned with them and get those dates nailed down before making any onward travel bookings.

Quick Reply: To wrap, or not to wrap, that is the question...