Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

New Forum Dedicated to European Delivery! We got it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 11:19 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Forum Dedicated to European Delivery! We got it!

A few weeks ago I made a suggestion for a new forum, one that was dedicated to the European Delivery Program by posting in "Off Topic'. I also sent PMs to BTO and Gretch asking them to considrer it. The request was granted.

This was my pitch and how I envisioned what the community would use the forum for:

Originally Posted by worldattorney

New Forum / Discussion Area: "European Delivery Program"

Why? Because having one unified place used by all members to post their questions, experiences, photos, routes etc. would benefit the entire community.

As a 'lurker' (until I ordered my ED TTS), I would scour the site looking for ED information...and find TONS of it...in the 997 area, in the 991...981....etc. etc. Now with the countdown (2m16d left), I find myself jumping discussion area to discussion area to read about Mary's ED TT then to another to read about Bill's ED GT4 and then to another to read about Paul's ED C2S.

If there was a single forum/area that everyone used, info retrieval would be easier..duplication of questions would be reduced 10-fold...and members info/suggestions would be current/fresh and in chronological order.

And if we are super lucky, Jamie will post new tidbits/suggestions/etc. for the community to revel in..

Lastly, European Delivery is an exciting topic/experience for everyone...members' experiences help the rest of us in our dreams (and take us along for ride-alongs with their photos/videos/narratives) and then, when we finally can make the dreams really happen, the info and past experiences of our community are priceless for our planning purposes....isn't this worthy of a separate forum/area? Sure the search engine is great...but a separate and dedicated forum would be amazing.
Hopefully it wil be as utilized and enjoyed by the community as envisioned.

I will begin my next post with my experience first porsche buying experience with the ED Program ....a 991 TTS at the factory (Z) on 9/30.

Best, Albert
The following users liked this post:
Lnthomas (10-18-2021)
Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And a big thank you to 911SLOW for moving the forum to the top of the list so it's easily found.

Now please RL community make use of it so I didn't bother everyone for nothing
Old 12-15-2015, 01:11 PM
rpw3ski
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo that came into the US via Canada. Can anyone point me to any concerns I should have?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Any way we could get this sub-forum re-titled to include the new PEC Delivery programs for Atlanta and L.A.? Either "Special Delivery Programs" or "European Delivery and PEC Delivery"...something along those lines.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:17 AM
sportscarguy3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying from a European Seller

Hello, I am looking at a 930 turbo in Europe to purchase.
I live in Northern California
Has anyone in California purchased a car from Europe and have advise to share
Obviously I am concerned about California smog testing as well as any “ hidden costs “ for importing / customs etc upon arrival.
Thank you

Quick Reply: New Forum Dedicated to European Delivery! We got it!