Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Not delivered as ordered

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Not delivered as ordered

We have considered a European Delivery for our next car. Concern we have is how it would be handled if the car is not delivered as ordered. This happened to us with our last new car delivered, not as ordered, to our dealership in North America.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:12 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify, are you worried about the factory building your car wrong? Or are you worried that the sales guy in the USA would enter the order in wrong? If the sales guy, he should send u a build sheet with the order in the system with all your options months before your ed date.

If you're worried about the factory, I wouldn't. I'm currently on Leipzig and they work with precision efficiency. Worst case scenario, I'm sure they'd make it right. U can double check with your sales guy to contact them to make sure all your options are in right.

If you're just worried, don't. If something actually happened, what?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Here is what I did.....but I am **** retentive nuclear engineer.......

I demanded that the sale associated have a peer check on the configuration that was placed in the Porsche ordering computer program (I forget what the name is at the moment).

Then the first thing I did when I got to Stuttgart was check every option against my build sheet that I brought with me.

Wouldn't you know it.....the colored wheel crest was missing. Easy enough to fix and it was listed on the monroney sticker.

I will say that this option along with the head crest and sport chrono was added late. I actually added sport chrono after the lock date but had to go through PCNA to make that happen. Luckily the sport chrono was installed! My second favorite option.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If the dealer messes it up, that would be up to the dealer to make it right but you would still drive the car around Europe unless you just wanted to come home (that's assuming you only discovered it at delivery, if they messed it up and the car locks then you could tell them to pound sand and build you a new car).

If Porsche messed it up, they will stand behind their reputation and make it right.

I would not be concerned about this as a reason to stop you from doing a euro delivery. Whether you order the car for dealer delivery or euro delivery or PEC delivery, you order goes through the same system and is build in the same factory the same way.

And as mentioned, you'll be able to see the build sheet. You can also just ask PCNA euro delivery for a build sheet once they lock you in so that you know for sure the final build that is in the system.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:48 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

We went over our build sheet many times with the dealer - did not change anything. When it did arrive the configuration was not correct, our sales person confirmed this. The factory did not build the car as ordered. The issues could not be retrofitted at the dealer. We were faced with declining the car or accepting the car as is. This decision would be more difficult and costly had we traveled to Europe and faced with this issue. This experience would not have been a positive addition to a vacation. Doubt that Porsche would reimburse us for our expenses to that point.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS-America
We went over our build sheet many times with the dealer - did not change anything. When it did arrive the configuration was not correct, our sales person confirmed this. The factory did not build the car as ordered. The issues could not be retrofitted at the dealer. We were faced with declining the car or accepting the car as is. This decision would be more difficult and costly had we traveled to Europe and faced with this issue. This experience would not have been a positive addition to a vacation. Doubt that Porsche would reimburse us for our expenses to that point.
I think if a concern about a rare occurrence such as this is holding you up from a euro delivery, it's probably not the right way to take delivery. That being said, I don't think Porsche would hang you out to dry on their mistake.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:22 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RS-America
So somebody messed something up with your car. From this forum and other Porsche (and other car) forums I'm active on, this is the first time I'm reading they messed up a custom order for a car.

What does this have to do with European delivery? Or are you being just hypothetical? You're not even doing ed, I just don't get it...
Old 03-29-2017, 02:08 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by LOUISSSSS
So somebody messed something up with your car. From this forum and other Porsche (and other car) forums I'm active on, this is the first time I'm reading they messed up a custom order for a car.

What does this have to do with European delivery? Or are you being just hypothetical? You're not even doing ed, I just don't get it...
Perhaps building a flimsy case for reimbursement in order to gain a free ride ED....
Old 04-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Problem at Delivery or Driving in Europe

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
I think if a concern about a rare occurrence such as this is holding you up from a euro delivery, it's probably not the right way to take delivery.
I would agree with this poster's observation. You may care to reflect as to whether or not you are a candidate for ED, as the whole trip and your time in Europe could go south fast, with even a small 'item' at the time of delivery, or a problem with your new vehicle while driving there. Rent a Porsche through an agency or Porsche Travel (reportedly Porsche Travel will transport a different car to your location with a problem with your original rental), and enjoy your time in Europe. Travel Safe!

Quick Reply: Not delivered as ordered