Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Trip to Germany

Old 03-06-2017, 11:46 PM
speedjournal
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Germany

Hoping to get some feedback. We're travelling to Germany for the first time this June. We've scheduled track time at Nurburgring, Spa and working on Red Bull Ring. These are obvious stops, although we're looking for ideas and additional points of interest for car enthusiasts that may not be so well known. We're able to utilize our media access if necessary. Anything in particular we should know about the Porsche Museum? We're most interested in race cars and prototypes. Are there any other car collections or museums that should be considered in Germany and near the tracks mentioned above? Is there a particular historic or legendary car related stretch of road that should be travelled? Any other ideas and input would be most appreciated. Thank you, and we'll be posting our car adventures on thespeedjournal.com
Old 03-07-2017, 12:19 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,137 Likes on 560 Posts

What dates have you scheduled at these tracks? I'm going in late June too - maybe we will overlap.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:38 AM
speedjournal
5th Gear

June 19th & 20th, GT4 Green hell, GT3 Spa, and you?
Old 03-12-2017, 11:29 AM
otisdog
Pro

Back to back Nurburg & Spa?
I recuperation day in between would be nice.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:52 PM
speedjournal
5th Gear

I hear you on the recovery time. Two intense tracks! I like to study a track before driving it for the first time, but what do you do with Nurburgring, there's no possible way for me to remember that entire track.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:50 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,135 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by speedjournal
I hear you on the recovery time. Two intense tracks! I like to study a track before driving it for the first time, but what do you do with Nurburgring, there's no possible way for me to remember that entire track.
I know a guy that practiced this track over and over again on computer games before hitting the Nurburgring. I know this sounds corny (I don't play games on the computer) and a computer game could never replicate the feel of a track...... But he had the whole course memorized before he went.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
speedjournal
5th Gear

That's impressive. I've only attempted and accomplished that on 2-3 mile courses, and plan do it with Spa. It would be interesting to hear if others have memorized "The Green Hell".
Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I know a guy that practiced this track over and over again on computer games before hitting the Nurburgring. I know this sounds corny (I don't play games on the computer) and a computer game could never replicate the feel of a track...... But he had the whole course memorized before he went.
That's exactly what I did. I knew every turn and dip by heart. I knew (very nearly) every corner name as well. I played hours of Gran Tourismo 4 and 5. I watched hours of on-board video. I watched lots of videos from Dale at BTG as well as RSR's videos. It's really not that hard to learn. And it's so much more fun when you're comfortable and can focus on hitting your marks precisely, rather than trying to stay alive and shiny side up.

The 'Ring is all about confidence. Nearly every corner is blind, so you can only go fast if you're brave and confident.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:09 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by speedjournal
That's impressive. I've only attempted and accomplished that on 2-3 mile courses, and plan do it with Spa. It would be interesting to hear if others have memorized "The Green Hell".
Spa is the BEST track I've ever driven. It's utterly orgasmic. Fast and flowing. History galore. Intense. Magic. Adrenaline.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:03 PM
speedjournal
5th Gear

I agree totally, anytime the track is second nature, you can focus on everything else. Would like to see any video you have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trip to Germany