Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED - Roof storage system

Old 02-18-2017, 03:25 AM
Stephen Ayers
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ED - Roof storage system

I'll be taking ED for a Panamera Turbo on May 30th. There will be 4 of us so traveling with luggage will be an issue. Has anyone rented or purchased a roof storage system for ED?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,136 Likes on 559 Posts

Steve, roof cargo box would improve convenience hugely. Buying probably is not the best option because shipping may be too expensive (but worth looking into). Most places that sell roof boxes also rent them, but it may be a problem if you are dropping off not where you are picking up. Also, if shipping it home is an option, consider getting one that can then be used on Cayenne. I know my Thule can be used on Cayenne and Panamera with minimal extra parts.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You can have PCNA order almost any part or Tequipment item for you so that it is available for pickup/payment (in euros) at time of delivery. Of course that will be more expensive than say what you would pay from Suncoast or something stateside but it is convenient if you really need something OEM for your trip.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:44 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 951 Likes on 566 Posts

You might consider a soft roof cargo bag. These fold up compactly, and if installed carefully pose little risk to paint.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/cargo...ound-_-1683515
Old 03-02-2017, 01:56 AM
Stephen Ayers
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions! We decided in the end that we really need 2 cars for parts of the trip. So no need for the complexities of a roof rack. Although I just got the Tule setup for my Cayenne. Super helpful for weekend ski trip to Tahoe!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ED - Roof storage system