Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery Paperwork

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:41 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default European Delivery Paperwork

My Spyder shows arriving in Houston on August 2nd. I assume the car gets titled once it arrives. Is the car still listed as new once I take delivery from the dealer? What other paperwork? Just title and registration I assume. I always wondered how this works legally since I already purchased the vehicle but do not have a title or registration.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

When I picked my car up in Atlanta after the Euro delivery, I had to re-sign all of the purchase paperwork. It was as simple as that. I'm pretty sure the mileage was updated but it was still sold as a new car. The dealership processed the title and tag after I picked up.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:20 PM
major dad
Racer

I took ED on 9th November 2007 and delivery afterwards from my dealer on 5th January 2008. Warranty then ran for two years and I was surprised when I made a warranty claim on 1st January 2010 Porsche said initially they considered it was outside warranty until I pushed them hard.

Beware !
Old 07-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

One your car gets delivered to you via ED, the certificate of origin (prior to 1st title) is generated and sent to the dealer so they can begin registration while you are awaiting return shipping of the car.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:57 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

So the car is registered as a new car with pick up in the US? My dealer is telling me warranty starts with the date of European pick up.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

^ As it should. Warranty from Porsche's perspective starts when the car is delivered (wherever that is) and starts being used.

Are you in the US? Even with a relatively long ED it isn't much difference when considered against a 4 year warranty.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:12 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Porsche is saying warranty starts with European delivery date which makes sense. I am looking at refinancing but not sure how until a tittle police is created and delivered to Porsche Financial Services.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:12 AM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did recently an ED on 7/5/16 on a Macan S. My car was titled and registered on 7/14/16 while I was still on my trip. I dropped off the car on 7/27/16 and I am awaiting redelivery.

FYI, this is different than my BMW ED experiences. With every BMW ED, the car was not tiled/registered until it was redelivered in the US. My last BMW ED was in June 2014 and the car did not get registered until October 2014.

Quick Reply: European Delivery Paperwork