Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

What to leave with the Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:36 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What to leave with the Car

My Porsche delivery guy suggested I only leave one key and take the other with me. What have folks left with their car after dropping off?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just one key. I took everything else - plates, safety kit/vest, etc.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:32 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by p987yow
Just one key. I took everything else - plates, safety kit/vest, etc.
Plates plural? You took both home? Thought the rear had to stay with the car?
Old 06-28-2016, 07:35 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a bit confusing, as I've heard conflicting information.

What I was told by Jamie Dillon is to take everything with you that wasn't in the car when you first got it. In other words, the owners manual and spare key were not in the car, they were handed to me. I was also told to leave one plate, but she didn't specifically say which one.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:38 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

I left my plates with the car. Unfortunately, they weren't in the car when I took delivery back in the states. I have no idea where they were taken.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:03 PM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

Yes - plates plural. I was told to take both plates and leave nothing in the car. Just return one set of keys at drop off.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Take both plates if you can (some of the non-factory drops may want to keep one on the car for transport...it may not make it back to you though).

Take your user manuals and like the posters said above, don't leave anything in the car from your trip. It likely won't make it. Keep one key.

Your car may be rinsed off but not washed so if you want it to travel clean, you'll need to take care of that before dropping it off.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:42 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Any one no of self wash locations near Leipzig drop off?
Old 06-30-2016, 09:05 AM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

You will find many self washes - very common. Here is an auto wash: http://www.imocarwash.com/de/carwash...imo-leipzig-4/. I did a full detail in/out with a coat of wax before I dropped mine off a Zuffenhausen.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:53 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by p987yow
You will find many self washes - very common. Here is an auto wash: http://www.imocarwash.com/de/carwash...imo-leipzig-4/. I did a full detail in/out with a coat of wax before I dropped mine off a Zuffenhausen.
Thanks. Love these self washes. I have been using these all over Europe.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I removed everything and left just one key and both plates. I shipped our Macan GTS from Amsterdam and the shipper told me both plates had to be on the car to properly identify it, as the cargo was drive on, drive off. They left instructions to save the plates and sure enough, they were in the trunk when I got the car back stateside. But I took out most everything not bolted down: the manual, the first aid kit, safety vest, lighter plug, glovebox pen (can't recall if there was more).

I didn't bother cleaning the car as I figured it would get plenty dirty awaiting shipment and on the voyage. The selling dealer detailed the car before stateside delivery.

If you have entry and drive, I suggest leaving only one electronic key and taking out the dummy key so that the one key can stay plugged into the ignition slot as needed so it won't get lost. I started a separate thread on how to remove it. https://rennlist.com/forums/european...l#post13422472
Old 07-03-2016, 11:49 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Just dropped off the car in Leipzig. I took both plates and it was ok with them. Took everything other than leaving a couple of posters behind the seat. Hopefully they won't take them. I came in the middle of the day and was no problem other than the guards looked a bit confused on what I was doing since they did not speak English. They finally called some one to complete the paper work. Porsche was having a major track day so the place was full. I would suggest any one coming to drop it off late to call the number on your paper work for Leipzig so they know you are coming.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:10 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Plates have the expiration date printed on them which seems to correspond to the insurance term you selected so they're probably useless after your drop off date. I took both of mine. In fact our delivery representative told us to.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by loungin
Plates have the expiration date printed on them which seems to correspond to the insurance term you selected so they're probably useless after your drop off date. I took both of mine. In fact our delivery representative told us to.
Perfect info. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: What to leave with the Car