Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Reconsider Zuffenhausen drop-off for now

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reconsider Zuffenhausen drop-off for now

So, I noted that @mb1 had had a ED shipping time of ~8 weeks despite Zuff drop-off,

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8991...l#post13369239

Given Zuff Werk drop-off 6 weeks was more the expectation. Yes, the ED pkt states 6-10 weeks but that ecompasses remote location drop-offs. If back-to-Werk we might reasonably expect at lower end-of-range. So I called ED at PNA @ ATL to get the scoop and see where my car was at, after t+2 weeks drop-off to today.
  • My 911 CS only shows in system as returned,
  • Implying it's not yet in the shipping system, ie at Emden ready for roll-on.

Very helpful PNA ED desk explained that there's been +2-3 weeks' delays at Zuff "due to construction" (?), so they were thinking of suggesting alternate drop-offs to speed-up returns' durations.

OK, wish I had known this prior as I was even in Leipzig and could easily have taken the ICE back.

Anyway, suggestion to future ED'ers:
  • Worth checking status of Zuff returns just before your ED - give ATL a call.
  • And perhaps ask again on day of pick-up.
Best of luck!

ps last ED my car was held up in Customs for 4 weeks = 10 total. Not having a lot of luck here..
Old 06-14-2016, 07:13 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

I really appreciate these updates on Stuttgart drop off. Thanks for posting.

As a comparison, my first ED return only took 4 weeks to get from Stuttgart to Philadelphia. That was sweet.

I am planning on doing another ED in the summer of 2017 with drop off in Stuttgart. I hope their construction is done by then.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by subshooter
I really appreciate these updates on Stuttgart drop off. Thanks for posting.

As a comparison, my first ED return only took 4 weeks to get from Stuttgart to Philadelphia. That was sweet.
Trying to reduce others' potential anguish - you're welcome.

4 weeks! Never heard of one that fast before, lucky devil! May '17 be as rapid.

I'd imagine that Zuff Werk construction will be sorted by then. It's still a wonderful experience, and I will do ED again
Old 07-21-2016, 01:23 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

just to reiterate 917k- I was recently told that ED was not even possible this fall at Zuff but had to be done at Leipzig due to construction.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:50 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Even if you pick up at Zuffenhausen CJ? That was the case with my car since I picked up at Leipzig, but had I chosen Zuff to pick up I could have dropped there as well.

Sindelfingen, the alternate for Zuff, is acceptable if you need to be in that area. I chose to drop in Munich since I was flying home from there. Miles better place than FRA. The drop off office is a 3 minute walk from the terminal, very convenient.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:32 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Ours took about 8 weeks total with a drop off in Amsterdam. From there it was transported to a port in Germany where it sat for about a month, I suppose, waiting to be joined by additional cars to make for a fuller shipment. The trip across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal, and up to San Diego, took another 4 weeks. At first I thought the long period was due to the remote drop off, but it looks like those who returned their cars to Stuttgart waited a similar period. Still worth it!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
just to reiterate 917k- I was recently told that ED was not even possible this fall at Zuff but had to be done at Leipzig due to construction.
Honestly, I don't know.

I did get my car back inside of 7 weeks from drop-off which was a pleasant surprise.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:34 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dropped mine in Leipzig July 3. Its on a ship with an ETA to Houston of August 5th.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

^ Nice timing! Honestly seems incredibly fast. I am eagerly awaiting my boat name but not optimistic about that kind of timing.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:30 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Even if you pick up at Zuffenhausen CJ? That was the case with my car since I picked up at Leipzig, but had I chosen Zuff to pick up I could have dropped there as well.
Strange, we have 4 cars scheduled for ED at end of September!
Old 08-11-2016, 03:28 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by donutcritic
Strange, we have 4 cars scheduled for ED at end of September!
My ED date is October or possibly November and was told that construction is the issue. I've been to Stuttgart a few times but have not seen the new museum. I'm taking my wife and she will really like that. I am also planning on visiting Weissach while there.

Not having a ED date while the car is about 2-3
Months away is a little nerve racking but to make it all worse I'm scheduled for 2 euro trips with a few agendas.

ED for 911R TBD
DTM @ hockenheim OCT 13-16
ED for BMW M5 TBD
McLaren dealer meeting Nov 4-5

Plan originally was to ED the 911R October 9th, drive around and hit the DTM race and drop off car (or store it) and fly home 19th or so. Attend COTA f1 race, hang out and fly back for McLaren. collect 911R from storage and drive to UK, then back to EU and visit France then leave.

Now it looks like-

Fly in, go to DTM race. Grab M5, drive to Belgium, Northern France drive back to Switzerland, put car in storage, fly home. Miss COTA.

Fly back in, grab M5, go to UK, drive to grab 911R, drop M5 off, go to Austria, Italy, and then back and fly home.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:43 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info- ty

Last edited by German_Saint; 08-11-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
My ED date is October or possibly November and was told that construction is the issue. I've been to Stuttgart a few times but have not seen the new museum. I'm taking my wife and she will really like that. I am also planning on visiting Weissach while there.

Not having a ED date while the car is about 2-3
Months away is a little nerve racking but to make it all worse I'm scheduled for 2 euro trips with a few agendas.

ED for 911R TBD
DTM @ hockenheim OCT 13-16
ED for BMW M5 TBD
McLaren dealer meeting Nov 4-5

Plan originally was to ED the 911R October 9th, drive around and hit the DTM race and drop off car (or store it) and fly home 19th or so. Attend COTA f1 race, hang out and fly back for McLaren. collect 911R from storage and drive to UK, then back to EU and visit France then leave.

Now it looks like-

Fly in, go to DTM race. Grab M5, drive to Belgium, Northern France drive back to Switzerland, put car in storage, fly home. Miss COTA.

Fly back in, grab M5, go to UK, drive to grab 911R, drop M5 off, go to Austria, Italy, and then back and fly home.

Thank you for your post. Can you explain why you do not have a delivery date yet? I am planning my second Porsche ED next year and was told that I can obtain the date right now if I asked.

My first ED in 2013, I told PCNA what date I wanted and got it - no questions asked with only 4 months notice. I knew that ED with Porsche has become more popular so I asked 12 months in advance this time and have received no push back.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:46 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your post. Can you explain why you do not have a delivery date yet? I am planning my second Porsche ED next year and was told that I can obtain the date right now if I asked.

My first ED in 2013, I told PCNA what date I wanted and got it - no questions asked with only 4 months notice. I knew that ED with Porsche has become more popular so I asked 12 months in advance this time and have received no push back.
Dang, good to know. I didn't realize you could nail it down that far in advance.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:46 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your post. Can you explain why you do not have a delivery date yet? I am planning my second Porsche ED next year and was told that I can obtain the date right now if I asked. My first ED in 2013, I told PCNA what date I wanted and got it - no questions asked with only 4 months notice. I knew that ED with Porsche has become more popular so I asked 12 months in advance this time and have received no push back.
Dates shifted due to CXX options, Oktoberfest, construction at the factory. I said that one particular week was off the table and had to rearrange. Now it looks like November in Leipzig

Quick Reply: Reconsider Zuffenhausen drop-off for now