Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED on June 22

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 04:03 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ED on June 22

After beginning the order process last September, I'll be picking up the 991.1 GTS Targa in Stuttgart on June 22.

Anyone planning to be there that day?

Here's a link to my build thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9214...gts-build.html
Old 06-01-2016, 02:36 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We are there July 1...heading to Trento in Italy and will do day trips and mountain passes from there.

I have booked Spa July 12-13 and will be at the Ring July 14

Have you booked any track days?
Old 06-01-2016, 04:25 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by batmanm3
We are there July 1...heading to Trento in Italy and will do day trips and mountain passes from there. I have booked Spa July 12-13 and will be at the Ring July 14 Have you booked any track days?
No track days on this trip, batmanm3. Traveling with my wife and 3-month-old son in tow. We're picking up the Targa in Stuttgart and immediately heading south. Will scope out Stuttgart in advance of your July 1 arrival.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad no track days, but I'm sure you and your family will still have one heck of a good time...we loved Italy the last time we were there and look forward to exploring the Dolomites in my car and maybe on a mtn bike...

This wait is killing me...
Old 06-02-2016, 03:11 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We pick up a 981 Cayman on the 23rd.
Taking a train from Le Mans to Stuttgart on the 20th.
We may do the museum on the 22nd, also plan on visiting the M-B museum. So which day we visit what museum depends on "she who must be obeyed" glazing over, me I could do a different car museum everyday for a month.

When do you arrive in Stuttgart?
Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sno_duc
We pick up a 981 Cayman on the 23rd. Taking a train from Le Mans to Stuttgart on the 20th. We may do the museum on the 22nd, also plan on visiting the M-B museum. So which day we visit what museum depends on "she who must be obeyed" glazing over, me I could do a different car museum everyday for a month. When do you arrive in Stuttgart?
Hey sno_duc! We're currently planning to get into Stuttgart on June 21st (after a few days wandering around Berlin). Planning to hit the MB museum then. On June 22nd, after picking up the car, we'll do the factory tour and then peruse the Porsche Museum. My wife is similarly 'enthusiastic' about the museums so a familiar vibe on that front haha Further adding to matters, we'll have our 3 month old in tow; however, he's proven to be a fantastic travel companion so far and far more of a gear head than his mum.

We should definitely meet up! Depending on your sense of adventure (note: 3-month-old) we could meet at one of the museums, over coffee/espresso, or dinner. Here's a link to my build/travel plans: https://rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=921416
Old 06-09-2016, 12:43 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Hey sno_duc! We're currently planning to get into Stuttgart on June 21st (after a few days wandering around Berlin). Planning to hit the MB museum then. On June 22nd, after picking up the car, we'll do the factory tour and then peruse the Porsche Museum. My wife is similarly 'enthusiastic' about the museums so a familiar vibe on that front haha Further adding to matters, we'll have our 3 month old in tow; however, he's proven to be a fantastic travel companion so far and far more of a gear head than his mum.

We should definitely meet up! Depending on your sense of adventure (note: 3-month-old) we could meet at one of the museums, over coffee/espresso, or dinner. Here's a link to my build/travel plans: https://rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=921416
We are staying at the Althotel am Schlossgarten, very convenient when arriving by train.

Which hotel did you choice?
We have already purchased a potable wifi hotspot with euro sim data card installed so internet will be no problem. I'll send you a pm on the 21st.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:48 PM
otisdog
Pro

We are staying at the Althotel am Schlossgarten, very convenient when arriving by train.

Which hotel did you choice?
We have already purchased a potable wifi hotspot with euro sim data card installed so internet will be no problem. I'll send you a pm on the 21st.
Link for the wifi hotspot with euro sim?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 01:57 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

Originally Posted by otisdog
Link for the wifi hotspot with euro sim?

Thanks
http://www.simsmartprepaid.com/products/
$169 for mifi and 5gb prepaid.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:41 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

We are staying at the Althotel am Schlossgarten, very convenient when arriving by train. Which hotel did you choice? We have already purchased a potable wifi hotspot with euro sim data card installed so internet will be no problem. I'll send you a pm on the 21st.
We're spending two nights at the same hotel Can't wait to hook up!
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

Did you see this.
http://www.biergarten-schlossgarten....te=Speisekarte
A couple of blocks north of hotel.
Nothing like a good German biergarten.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:44 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,140 Likes on 981 Posts

After beginning the order process last September, I'll be picking up the 991.1 GTS Targa in Stuttgart on June 22.

Anyone planning to be there that day?

Here's a link to my build thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9214...gts-build.html
I just realized what Porsche model you are getting. GESUS!!!

That is awesome! I's the best of the modern Porsches and WILL be a classic. Absolutely. Never get rid of it.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We used this while over there. Connects 5 devices. $10 a day and they mail it to you.

Great to use with Waze for Nav and traffic!

https://www.tepwireless.com
Old 06-20-2016, 05:36 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

We're spending two nights at the same hotel Can't wait to hook up!
We are currently sitting in room 701 enjoying a bottle of wine we picked the other day. Today was our worst travel day, 3 trains, 5 train stations, and the Paris Metro system.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:48 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by subshooter
I just realized what Porsche model you are getting. GESUS!!! That is awesome! I's the best of the modern Porsches and WILL be a classic. Absolutely. Never get rid of it.
Just saw this lol. Thanks for the kind words subshooter.

We are currently sitting in room 701 enjoying a bottle of wine we picked the other day. Today was our worst travel day, 3 trains, 5 train stations, and the Paris Metro system.
We are..... still in the States. A last minute need required us to postpone factory pick up for a month. Turns out it was a fortuitous move as our plane was later cancelled for mechanical reasons. Disappointed not to be sharing this special experience with you, sno_duc, but we're with you in spirit. Please take lots of notes and post tons of photos!

Quick Reply: ED on June 22