Notices

Porches (Rennlisters) in Ecuador???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porches (Rennlisters) in Ecuador???

Rennlist,

I have the pleasure of visiting Quito Ecuador a few times a year (3-4) due to my fiance being born and raised there. We stay just outside of Quito in Cumbaya/Tumbaco area and i see quite a few Cayennes running around - a handful of Boxsters - and even saw a Cayman once.

Wondering if anyone on Rennlist is in the area? Would be fun to meet up sometime for a beer and Porsche talk

Adios,

Pearlcoupeg35 (Philadelphia area and Quito Ecuador)
Old 10-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Heading back down in a few weeks.....no Rennlisters/Porsche guys in the Quito area? Maybe i will be the first!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM
02silverbullet
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived there for a few years and around Guayaquil and Salinas I saw a number of 911s, I talked to one guy w/ a turbo and he said they did a "super car run" a few times a month, if you ever go south I'd try to see if they're still doing that! Ran across a brand new speed yellow GT3 in the middle of an invasion once, Idk how or why that got there but it was a pleasant surprise.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by 02silverbullet
I lived there for a few years and around Guayaquil and Salinas I saw a number of 911s, I talked to one guy w/ a turbo and he said they did a "super car run" a few times a month, if you ever go south I'd try to see if they're still doing that! Ran across a brand new speed yellow GT3 in the middle of an invasion once, Idk how or why that got there but it was a pleasant surprise.
Sorry for my late reply. I was just in Quito 2 times recently and saw some very nice cars. 991 C2S was the most notable Porsche. Excited to get back down there in November and snoop around some more. I would sure love a drop-top Porsche to poke around in there - a 987 Boxster would be ideal. Maybe someday.....
Old 03-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

UPDATE to my Ecuador/Quito thread......having been down to Ecuador over a dozen times now i am really falling in love with the roads there and have the desire to get a car of my own down there at the proper time. Would be great to link up with some other car guys down there so if by chance you are on here post up!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:09 PM
CashBuyer
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mi esposa es de Ecuador

Mi esposa es de Ecuador, pero vivimos in E.E.U.U. porque hay más oportunidad para nuestra hija.

Ecuador es lindo y nos encanta el clima alrededor de Quito.

¡Que disfrutes!

Quick Reply: Porches (Rennlisters) in Ecuador???