New Porsche Independent Service and Repair Shop in West Palm Beach, FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:55 PM
jerseybrian
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Porsche Independent Service and Repair Shop in West Palm Beach, FL

Howdy!!!!

My is Brian Pyun and I'm the owner and operator of Above and Beyond Performance, LLC located in West Palm Beach, FL about 2 miles from Braman Porsche. I was a certified technician for the last 4 years, 6 days a week at Town Porsche in Englewood, NJ and before that, I was doing high performance BMW work at an independent shop named AUTOCouture Motoring for 2 years, 6 days a week. I've been obsessed with and working on cars since I was 17 and at the ripe age of 33, I've finally decided to take the plunge and take a crack at doing my own thing!!

It took me 4 months, but I finally decided on a property and was given the keys on November 16th. It's just me for now so I've literally broken my back over getting this shop running and built (shop tools, benches, presses, airline, alarm, licensing, permits, signs, etc) within the single month my landlord has given me to "build it out" before they start charging me rent

Anyways, I wanted to reach out to Rennlist world to let you guys know that there is another dealer alternative in the West Palm Beach area!! I have my own factory Porsche PIWIS II tester and use all OEM parts from the dealer unless specified otherwise (yes, Porsche rated "N" tires). My shop equipment is equal to, or if not, better than the shop equipment we had at Town Porsche in New Jersey which includes a Hunter DSP600 Alignment Machine with 2016 Data and a Hunter alignment rack, a leverless Corghi Artiglio50 Tire Mounter (NO MORE SCRATCHED WHEELS FROM THE TIRE MOUNTING MACHINE!) and a Hunter Road Force 9700 wheel balancer with straight trak and laser guidance.

As far as my Porsche experience goes, I've been limited to the amount of air cooled vehicles that I've seen come through our dealership as it was very small (only oil services), but I've had my fair share of experience with 986, 996, 987, 997, 955, 958, 970, 991, 981 vehicles and diagnosing there specific issues. We didn't pull apart/rebuild many motors as the majority were just full warranty replacements, but I have done timing chains, clutches and RMSs. Very competent in doing routine service work for all models stated above i.e. Oil service, 20k, full 40k (including turbos), brakes, tires, alignments, etc. Having a PIWIS II tester is a HUGE advantage. I can reset maintenance lights, also program TPMS, erase airbag lights from batteries, program new batteries on the new 991, 981, 970, 958 cars, program older 996, 986, 997, 987 and 955 keys as well as diagnose EVAP, misfire, fuel issues you might have if you happen to be out of warranty.

On the performance side of things, I have accounts with all the major aftermarket companies for Porsche including Cobb Tuning, Akrapovic, Vorsteiner, HRE, Fabspeed, Sharkwerks, Strasse wheels etc. I'm also the master dealer for DME Tuning for the South Florida region. I have access to a nearby dyno (by appt) and have an Everlast Tig welder to fabricate exhausts, intakes, intercooler pipes with advanced notice and discussion. I do tend to get a lot of BMW work as well, from my friends back at AUTOCouture Motoring, so if you have a M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M and want a tune, I'm your man!

So I just wanted to quickly introduce myself to you guys and also let you know that I'll be having a Grand Opening on January 15th at the shop as kind of an Open Shop/Meet and Greet event to get to know the local folks in the industry and in the west palm beach car scene. There should be quite a few high performance cars in attendance!!! And I would love it if you would bring yours!!! The address is

1500 N FLORIDA MANGO RD
SUITE 6
WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33409

From 10am-3pm
Food and Drinks will be provided

I will be changing my screen name to my shop's name and I've already discussed with the admin on how to go about doing that.

Hope to see some Rennlist guys there with their cars!!! Thanks for your time. I will be posting some photos of the process of my shop's build out once I get the time to upload them.

Regards,

Brian Pyun
Old 01-12-2017, 08:49 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on opening your own shop.

As a shop owner myself (just regular repairs not performance based) this is the best thing I could have ever done. Its long days and a lot of hours but I wouldn't change one bit of it.

Hope you all the best in your business future!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Brian@ABP
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is done!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:25 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To go into business for yourself requires maturity, talent, and courage, regardless of your field of endeavor.

I wish you the very best of luck at your new location in Florida!
Old 02-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Whats your rate on an alignment for a 2002 turbo
Old 02-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Brian@ABP
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VGM911
To go into business for yourself requires maturity, talent, and courage, regardless of your field of endeavor.

I wish you the very best of luck at your new location in Florida!
Thanks so much for the kind words. Means more than you might think!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:25 PM
cutlass476
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I will definitely be calling you this week. I just installed a 997.2 MF steering wheel along with the adapter from German Performance Service. I need to have the steering wheel module re-programmed to activate the MF features.

Quick Reply: New Porsche Independent Service and Repair Shop in West Palm Beach, FL