Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 AM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwerley
Not Philly, but a new owner in Lower Bucks.
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 PM
nk215
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I use Porsche of Warrington, they treat me very well, sales and the service guys are great(plus it is closer to my house).
I've been driving my car as much as I can this winter as long as it is dry. Taking it out tonight to dinner/drinks and again on Saturday since it will be 55 and dry. Saturday I'm going for a rip with fellow member NickYoskin(GT3rs) on Saturday, not sure where but we're thinking of taking a ride to AC to grab late lunch/dinner or something if anyone is interested.
What was your secret? I just got back from dropping my 911S off at the service center and they gave me a below average service.

First; I made the appointment via their website. The service person kept on saying that they shouldn't schedule me because they were running behind. He said this 10x times. I made the appointment days before.

Second; When it came to a loaner (which I indicated that I need one from the online form). He gave me a hard time because I said I won't be able to return the loaner today (same day). He said he had to reschedule my service. I told him that Porsche of Conshohocken never gave me any issue with keeping the loaner for more than 1 day. He then went to talk to his manager and gave me a loaner at the end. He kept on saying that he was doing me a favor and can't do that again because the company is paying for those loaners (?)

Third; He charged me $70 for emission and inspection (and $310 for an oil change). I pointed out that emission should be exempt (less costly) because I drove the car less than 2K miles last year. I bought the car from them so inspection should be free. He said "Well, Sloan bought us ..." then stopped mid way and said that he would put a note in the paper work about the free inspection.

I don't mind the cost but at least be honest about it.

I bought the car from them last year when they were Thompson Porsche. I have to say that the service experience so far is way less than what I've got from Porsche of Conshohocken (which I bought my wife's Porsche from a few years prior).

If I had this kind of experience before, I wouldn't buy the car from them. A patient of us just opened a Porsche dealer in Delaware and always wanted my business.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Porsche of Warrington is the only dealer in the area demanding a $25K+ mark-up on the new GT3 -- all others at MSRP (albeit with long wait lists!)
Old 03-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Downingtown member checking in......what up TorqueChapppppp!!!

Any of you guys coming to the PCA/RTR Happy Hour next week?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:51 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Never been to a PCA meeting/social, what's the age group looking like at one of these?
Old 03-23-2017, 06:31 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Downingtown member checking in......what up TorqueChapppppp!!! Any of you guys coming to the PCA/RTR Happy Hour next week?
Whatup Pearlie! A decade on and we're still on this forum haha Currently have tix for MIA and then NAS so I need an IOU.

Philly peeps, Jon's great people and this PCA event will surely be a blast. Hit this if you can!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by wsjchoi
Never been to a PCA meeting/social, what's the age group looking like at one of these?
It varies greatly. Some of the meetings are all people in their late 40's, 50's and 60's. With a few random people mixed in. Other event are much "younger" and you will get a good group of guys in their mid 30's and early 40's too.

I think this event (since I am the host and I am 35) will be a bit of a younger crowd. Should be a great time - come on out!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:20 AM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Whatup Pearlie! A decade on and we're still on this forum haha Currently have tix for MIA and then NAS so I need an IOU.

Philly peeps, Jon's great people and this PCA event will surely be a blast. Hit this if you can!
Thanks Brother!! When are you in MIA? I am in Tampa later this month and MIA in early June. We should try to cross paths down there and swing by The Collection one day....
Old 03-24-2017, 11:16 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Where and when...?
I usually can't make weekdays but just in case...
Old 03-24-2017, 04:14 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

It varies greatly. Some of the meetings are all people in their late 40's, 50's and 60's. With a few random people mixed in. Other event are much "younger" and you will get a good group of guys in their mid 30's and early 40's too.

I think this event (since I am the host and I am 35) will be a bit of a younger crowd. Should be a great time - come on out!
Thanks for that info!
I'll definitely be attending one sooner or later, I just turned 30, don't want to feel too out of place
Old 03-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsalah
Where and when...?
I usually can't make weekdays but just in case...
Militos Restaurant in Downingtown, PA. There is a separate thread in this section for it....nothing fancy....just an excuse to drive the car and chat about cars to other Porsche fans

Originally Posted by wsjchoi
Thanks for that info!
I'll definitely be attending one sooner or later, I just turned 30, don't want to feel too out of place
No worries man. I just turned 35 and will be there with my Macan and Audi S6. My buddy is 28 and he is coming with me. Hope to see you there
Old 03-31-2017, 08:14 PM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Lansdale area here with a 997 !
Old 04-02-2017, 07:53 AM
JBT3
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you guys switched to summers yet? Feels like it's safe now. I've been waiting because I sometimes leave for work early at the low temp of the day when it's round 40. Itching to go back to summer grip and my turbo wheels!!!
Old 04-08-2017, 10:11 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I run summers all year long, but don't drive my fun cars from Dec through early April, so not a good gauge, unfortunately. Too much salt/brine and potholes in winter and early spring.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:12 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Went out on the summers for first time today. Did great.

Quick Reply: Philly Members?