Notices

Southern Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
SpiritedDriver
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Maryland?

I've been representing pcar's by my lonesome at the local 'Cars and Coffee' meet ups. Anyone Waldorf or south?

R
Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 PM
carlosvmata
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey R - there is a few 944/951 owners in SOMD. I am in North Calvert in the Sunderland area. Welcome to RL!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 PM
dsan
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi

I'm in Waldorf. There's a few of us around here. I know of 3 or 4 porsche guys in waldorf/laplata. We normally meet up at the Laplata Cars & Coffee. It's held every Saturday at Casey Jones from 8-10. Love to see you out there! I'm still trying to get the guys out for a cruise sometime or another.

Dan
Old 09-03-2015, 02:57 PM
somdcroc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spirited,

I am in the Great Mills/Lex Park area. Are you a PCA and specifically a PCA Potomac member?. Although a bit of a drive Potomac has many events in and around the Beltway area almost every weekend. Please look at their website.

I am a dual region member and also belong to PCA First Settlers Region (Eastern VA up to Spotsylvania and King George County) and they just happen to have a Breakfast gathering in Fredericksburg every first Saturday of the Month. These breakfasts are typically followed by a visit to the F'burg Cars and Coffee or a scenic drive.

Both PCA Regions Potomac and First Settlers have lots of activities in the area. If you are interested in HPDE I am the registrar for First Settlers HPDE and we have an event at VIR Sep 19-21. If you have never driven on track and wish to get some experience without diving full in we offer an "Intro to HPDE" on Saturday 19 Sept (at VIR) for $50. You'll receive classroom instruction, a technical inspection, and a 30 minute at speed session on the track with an instructor guiding you. We can also loan you the required helmet.

I am also a recruiter for PCA Potomac Regions upcoming PCA Club Races at Summit Point. We need volunteer workers for these races--especially flaggers to help at the corners. No experience required--we will train you. Flagging a race from trackside is the most exciting view of a track you can have outside the driver's seat. We'll even feed you and give you swag for volunteering and if you work all three days we'll even pay a stipend to help with gas or hotel expenses.

If you have questions feel free to contact me.

Scott Hoffman
PCA FSR HPDE Registrar
de@fsrpca.org
301-247-4588
Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 PM
somdcroc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Southern Maryland Porsche owners

Folks,

If you live in Southern Maryland and aren't a PCA Potomac Region member you should consider it as there are some of us in Charles, Calvert and St Mary's County. Potomac has events just about every weekend and has a very healthy track community of HPDE drivers, club racers, and volunteers but also huge community of Autocross drivers and they are adding RFK to Bowie as locations.

check them out at pcapotomac.org

I'd also like you to consider a PCA First Settlers Region HPDE at Dominion Raceway (the new track off of !-95 south of Fredericksburg). The track is close to Southern Maryland and PCA FSR is offering not only the normal HPDE run groups but if have never had your Porsche on a race track (and why not--it what they are built for?) we also offer an "Intro to HPDE". Its a single 30 minute session on track with an experienced PCA certified instructor in your passenger seat. For $50 dollars you get a track Tech Inspection, T-shirt, a classroom session, and then a session on track. I have to warn you though--once you have tracked your Porsche you will be addicted and we will see you back.

Check out PCA FSR's events at http://fsrpca.motorsportreg.com

If you have questions contact me at de@fsrpca.org

Scott Hoffman
PCA FSR HPDE Registrar

Quick Reply: Southern Maryland?