Notices

CTTS '06 Rear Wiring Loom Water Damage Repairs?

Old 06-06-2022, 07:14 PM
RMD777
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CTTS '06 Rear Wiring Loom Water Damage Repairs?

Could someone please tell me if the under carpet wiring loom connections susceptible to water damage only exist in the usual places under the front carpets? If so I might be saved from the job of removing the whole carpet to access any at the rear, assuming the water usually makes it's way to the back? I believe a loom branches off to the transmission under the front carpets. Does this need checking, if not for bad wires but is there a block connector near the transmission tunnel to check (or is this external)? The water drains checked out fine running out the bottom so I water tested the sunroof. The drain tubes where secure and clear so allowed a head of water and came across water running around the O/S sunroof frame through to the headlining then down inside the A frame pillar trim and long the loom to the floor. That was last year, this year water under the carpets again but not from the same place and am still looking from where. Any clues for unusual sources or something I'm missing? I did hear about a missing grommet by the bonnet hinge but can't even spot one. This is a RHD so the servo hides an awful lot in such a crammed space. Tried a torch at night, nothing. Better to get this job done before moving on to battery drain / Kessy but not expecting or ever heard of any link between the two faults. Regards Cheesed Off Russ.
The following users liked this post:
txhokie4life (10-16-2022)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CTTS '06 Rear Wiring Loom Water Damage Repairs?