Notices

Stunning detail video with unusual tools from NL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:57 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Stunning detail video with unusual tools from NL

I might get flamed for this but I wish the guys in the Bay Area could step up their game a little bit to this level.

Watching this video just pressed my hot button when it reminded me when a few years ago I got a well into the 4 figure concours detail and the guy didn't know what a foam gun was, the only sealant he had heard of rainx, has duffle bag full of 3m bodyshop products then year or so later his colleague calls to tell me there's this new product called Cquartz. I mentioned a few products to him Wolfe, Optima, and he said, "Well they are all made by the same people anyway but I'll use whatever you ask me to." I could go on . . .

I'm sorry rant mode off I hope the video is interesting to some.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Joseph Torbati

Originally Posted by PiB993
I might get flamed for this but I wish the guys in the Bay Area could step up their game a little bit to this level.

High-end Car Detailing demo video - Audi R8 exclusive detailing behandeling - YouTube

Watching this video just pressed my hot button when it reminded me when a few years ago I got a well into the 4 figure concours detail and the guy didn't know what a foam gun was, the only sealant he had heard of rainx, has duffle bag full of 3m bodyshop products then year or so later his colleague calls to tell me there's this new product called Cquartz. I mentioned a few products to him Wolfe, Optima, and he said, "Well they are all made by the same people anyway but I'll use whatever you ask me to." I could go on . . .

I'm sorry rant mode off I hope the video is interesting to some.

Have you been here?

http://www.bayareadetails.com/

Or Here?

http://www.adonisdetail.com/

I would say you would get exactly what you are looking for here.

HUMP
Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks! I won't be in SoCal anytime soon but I will definitely look into OCDetailing. Website is promising and location is very convenient. Never heard of them.

ETA - OCD had a Jaguar Project F-Type! 1 of 250 (in the world I believe). I didn't think they were in the states yet.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:53 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I would love to have that undercarriage pressure wash tool!

There are many "detailers" that are total hacks and not only do they not have a clue about the various products available but they also don't know how to use the products they have. I can't count how many times I have seen a car "professionally detailed" with burn through's on sharp edges and damaged trim from the buffer wheel. In many instances the paint surface is damaged by a contaminated pad resulting in small squiggly lines all over the car.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:04 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detailer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I would love to have that undercarriage pressure wash tool!

There are many "detailers" that are total hacks and not only do they not have a clue about the various products available but they also don't know how to use the products they have. I can't count how many times I have seen a car "professionally detailed" with burn through's on sharp edges and damaged trim from the buffer wheel. In many instances the paint surface is damaged by a contaminated pad resulting in small squiggly lines all over the car.
Marine Blue, This is because the term "Detailer" is used too often by those who do not know what they are doing. They do not take the time to check edges and paint thickness as well as taping off trim.

HUMP

Quick Reply: Stunning detail video with unusual tools from NL