Notices

Is Germany as paranoid as Britain?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM
RolandUK
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Germany as paranoid as Britain?

I made a video from a club outing in the UK :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtHYQbubff8

Although those in it seemed to like it some others in the club claimed I'd
damaged the integrity of the club and did everyone a disservice because
of the anti-car lobby, even though all actual speeds were legal although
video effects were used too.

Would this problem happen in Germany?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM
dirk h.
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Uk is way more carbon minded than Germany. Overall ´ Uk made alot of money from the Finance Industrie, meanwhile the car industrie is a main driver for german economy. Unless you driving reckless, and didn't see anything like that in your video, you would receive alot of compliments. You are welcome to come over :-). But don't tell the blokes, the germans like your video
Look at the bright side, all the different culture are what makes Europe a such exciting place to live.
------
We are British. We are the inventors of everything. It's time to brace ourselves, hasten unto the shed and liberate ourselves from the abyss made dark by the lights of perverted German science!
..James May, aka Captain Slow
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

I think they just didn't like the video since it is poorly edited and has this paranoid feeling to it with completely unpleasant sound combination.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:35 PM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 149 Posts

Remind the whiny members they are driving a Porsche and not a Humber Super Snipe Mark III -- they need to get a life if such a minor thing like this has their panties in an uproar.

Hang in there Sir Roland the Road Racer --ha,ha!!
Old 06-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,477 Likes on 627 Posts

I wouldn't call it paranoia. I don't understand the need to film everything and post it. I hate it. If anyone has the need to film and post what they are doing, it seems that the driving force of the activity is to show off rather than just for the experience. Documenting something for your personal use ( like taking photos on a vacation) is one thing, but needing to show the world is another. I personally don't like anyone filming me doing anything. If it's not fun unless you can show off for strangers, it's not real fun. And don't kid yourself; no one wants to see your home movies.

Quick Reply: Is Germany as paranoid as Britain?