Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbarron
Took way too much time and effort and not perfect results either. Sensor latency was another issue with HLT.....and no PIP. No way this can be done trackside.

I plan to buy an HD2 this season with the great discount you will give me for being an enthusiastic advocate.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:35 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Of course people can self coach with the squiggly lines. Often faster than video. If we agree that good driving is the best execution of fundamental skills, we can also say that the fundamental skills have a specific pattern and look in the squiggly lines. Then it's just looking at the data for pattern recognition. Just like on the cards that I share with people.

You can't quantify things in a video either. How much coasting did someone do? How fast did they apply the brakes? How long were they at full throttle?

The whole reason we use data is to quantify things, record what actually happened, and be able to use these metrics to improve ourselves. With the squiggly lines, you can put real measures on someone's performance and chart their improvement.

Maybe this is better for it's own thread?
Thanks for this, very helpful!

Originally Posted by Slakker
I find it hard to believe that if AIM integrated their video and data that people wouldn't use it.

For me, the biggest advantage is being able to see exactly where I am at on the track when reviewing specific data points. This just seems much more intuitive than trying to translate a spot on the gps map and remember what it looks like while actually driving. In addition, being able to see the visual cues used for braking, turn in and exit backed up by the data showing its effectiveness makes it much easier to remember and apply.

From there, having synchronized video takes it to the next level. Watching the different line taken or smoothness of inputs can make figuring out the difference between a good and a great section quick and easy.

As an entry level club racer, I love my AIM dash and have been very pleased with the real time information it provides. But after spending a fair amount of time learn both Race Studio and Circuit Tools, CT is much easier and quicker to analyze and process what's working and what needs to improve.
+1 - I can't believe how long it is taking people to come round to this, and how many people argue with me until they are purple in the face that AIM already does this.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbarron
Took way too much time and effort and not perfect results either. Sensor latency was another issue with HLT.....and no PIP. No way this can be done trackside.

I plan to buy an HD2 this season with the great discount you will give me for being an enthusiastic advocate.
Let's talk.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-03-2017, 07:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Thanks for this, very helpful!

+1 - I can't believe how long it is taking people to come round to this, and how many people argue with me until they are purple in the face that AIM already does this.
i tend to be a squiggly line first guy, probably because I made a living in the oil business interpreting squiggly lines. That said, integrated video, which AIM most defintely doesn't do yet, is most certainly an added benefit.

Inteally like the AIM squiggly line analytical tools a lot. Just wish to heck they would hurry up with the video integration.

All of that said, in my opinion squiggly lines alone are much much better than HLT.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Marc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The dev team has been using it at both West Coast tracks as well as Palmer and Thompson in the Northeast for Time Trials and Time Attack, so it's definitely suitable for track use. My testing right now is centered around determining how to set up start/finish coordinates to see if lap times can be shown. May not be...
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your continuous updates in the video/data systems. Could you please let us know about your current feelings towards the Waylens for track use, since you started using it.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Marc, the latest Waylens firmware update adds lap timing and start/finish coordinates!

I will use them this coming week at David Murry/PCA Club Race at my home track, VIR, and report back.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Jcalde
6th Gear

ProCoach,
I've sent a few emails through this website but apparently they have not gone through. can you price out a Racelogic Vbox HD2 system with OLED HD2 camera mounts, cables for cameras and OBD cable and let me know Thanks
Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jcalde
ProCoach,
I've sent a few emails through this website but apparently they have not gone through. can you price out a Racelogic Vbox HD2 system with OLED HD2 camera mounts, cables for cameras and OBD cable and let me know Thanks
Yes, sir!

Didn't see anything from you in my PM's from this site, but let's try again.

Could you please send an email to the address under my profile? I will do the same to yours.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:32 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Marc, the latest Waylens firmware update adds lap timing and start/finish coordinates!

I will use them this coming week at David Murry/PCA Club Race at my home track, VIR, and report back.
Is there a list somewhere of the tracks that are available?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:38 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mglobe
Is there a list somewhere of the tracks that are available?
nope. Got to make your own.

https://support.waylens.com/faq/15/2342
Old 06-19-2017, 10:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

nope. Got to make your own.

https://support.waylens.com/faq/15/2342
No cigar...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:33 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mglobe
No cigar...
Looks pretty straightforward to me. Let's put one in your car...
Old 06-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Jcalde
6th Gear

Sir,
I just sent you a message did it go through??
Old 06-20-2017, 10:51 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Nope. but I am all over every email addy I have, plus PM from here, looking for it.

peter @ peterkrause dot net
Old 06-20-2017, 12:44 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Looks pretty straightforward to me. Let's put one in your car...
Actualy it does look promising as a potential SmartycamHD replacement since aim can't do the real integrated video yet. But I wouldn't want to fiddle with setting it up each time for a new track. I love the systems that know where they are and work automagically. If you could preload start//finish coordinates and it could pick the right one on its own it would be very interesting.

Quick Reply: Next step AFTER Harry's