Notices

New AiM Products to be displayed PRI

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:46 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello Peter,
Did AIM mention when the External Gear Flash Module will be available?
Old 12-09-2016, 06:51 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Nope. Best guess? Q2, maybe. Compatible with new gen dashes and loggers, only.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-09-2016, 06:58 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Hello Peter,
Any news when AIM will release the External Gear Flash for sale?
Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

opps sorry reposted
Old 12-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Nope. Best guess? Q2, maybe. Compatible with new gen dashes and loggers, only.
Were you here Peter? I was told end of year.

I'll post up. Some photos of the new items tonight when I'm on my computer. My phone won't post them.

There is the MXm, GS Dash, and some super affordable tire temp sensors.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:22 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Anything new relative to SoloDL and/or Smartycams?
Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

No.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

My understanding is that the next two products issued are the Formula Wheel 3 and the GS-Dash. They are in testing until the end of the year, then available to US dealers February or March. This is because there is NO display now for the available EVO4S or EVO5 loggers, and that is the first order of business.

Then, the next three things will be the LCU-4, the MXm and the SLM. Probably by the end of Q2.

Eventually, there will be a Solo 2 line with an RPM input, is my understanding.

RS3 Analysis IS coming, but we've heard that before...
Old 12-09-2016, 09:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
some super affordable tire temp sensors.
Yep, analog ones at that. Plug them into a Channel Expansion and you're all set. Specs are in the new catalog. Good deal!
Old 12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My understanding is that the next two products issued are the Formula Wheel 3 and the GS-Dash. They are in testing until the end of the year, then available to US dealers February or March. This is because there is NO display now for the available EVO4S or EVO5 loggers, and that is the first order of business.

Then, the next three things will be the LCU-4, the MXm and the SLM. Probably by the end of Q2.

Eventually, there will be a Solo 2 line with an RPM input, is my understanding.

RS3 Analysis IS coming, but we've heard that before...
I feel like this is deja vu. Your dates are not correct to my understanding. I think the most exciting things is the MXm. For folks who don't want to add a full dash or have a newer car that want a great logger with CAN capabilities, a few alarms, and the ability to add a few external alarms, this will be a great upgrade from the Solo DL. It's a great unit!

For anyone who wants some more details, let me know and I can share them or I should be able to get some catalogs out.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:57 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I feel like this is deja vu. Your dates are not correct to my understanding. I think the most exciting things is the MXm. For folks who don't want to add a full dash or have a newer car that want a great logger with CAN capabilities, a few alarms, and the ability to add a few external alarms, this will be a great upgrade from the Solo DL. It's a great unit!

For anyone who wants some more details, let me know and I can share them or I should be able to get some catalogs out.
Well, my dates are realistic.

The MXm is perfect for older cars (911, 964, 993, 986 SPB, early 996) that need to capture RPM and a few analog inputs. If you have a later 996 or 986, or an early 997 GT3 or 987 Gen 1, this will work, too.

The Solo DL is great for CAN capabilities, but CAN only. Perfect for post 2012 cars and most 2009 cars.

But the MXm will not be here in time for winter builds, in my experience.

I have 2017 catalogs for anyone that wants them. Meanwhile, I have good stock in cameras, EVO4's and G-Dash's, Solo DL's and MXL2's right now. Let me know if I can help.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well, my dates are realistic.

The MXm is perfect for older cars (911, 964, 993, 986 SPB, early 996) that need to capture RPM and a few analog inputs. If you have a later 996 or 986, or an early 997 GT3 or 987 Gen 1, this will work, too.

The Solo DL is great for CAN capabilities, but CAN only. Perfect for post 2012 cars and most 2009 cars.

But the MXm will not be here in time for winter builds, in my experience.

I have 2017 catalogs for anyone that wants them. Meanwhile, I have good stock in cameras, EVO4's and G-Dash's, Solo DL's and MXL2's right now. Let me know if I can help.
Agreed on most counts, though I think you posting to get business in my thread is poor form.

As the OP who shared the original info and followups, I'm happy to help folks with whatever they need. I have everything in stock that most anyone could need.

And as always Rennlist discounts apply.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I feel like this is deja vu. Your dates are not correct to my understanding.
It IS deja vu, Matt!

FIFTEEN months from the PRI announcement to product fulfillment for the SmartyCam HD. TWENTY-THREE months from the PRI announcement to the product fulfillment for the MXL2 and MXG dashes.

You are a "young" dealer. Perhaps not as experienced as others in the "optimism" of the Italians (God Bless them) as far as product introduction goes. While we all appreciate your optimism, it would be better if tempered with some pragmatism.

AiM is certainly not alone in their announcement of "vaporware." VBOX was well over six months late in their introduction of their 1080px2 HD2 unit, Trivinci systems was nine months late with the HDX2, so this is pretty standard fare.

I understand the desire of companies to keep their name in lights, but as a dealer selling more than several hundred thousand dollars of their product EVERY year, I need REAL data and REAL dates, not a wish list of when this stuff might be avalailable. Mike, Mike and Enrico are are WELL aware of my impatience!

My advice to you (and to buyers) is to not promise delivery until the product is IN YOUR HANDS.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Agreed on most counts, though I think you posting to get business in my thread is poor form.
Matt, no one "owns" a thread. I've not solicited directly, just stated facts. Besides, you've jumped in plenty, so "no go" on that one...

You and I have access to the same information. So let's just share it...
Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It IS deja vu, Matt!

FIFTEEN months from the PRI announcement to product fulfillment for the SmartyCam HD. TWENTY-THREE months from the PRI announcement to the product fulfillment for the MXL2 and MXG dashes.

You are a "young" dealer. Perhaps not as experienced as others in the "optimism" of the Italians (God Bless them) as far as product introduction goes. While we all appreciate your optimism, it would be better if tempered with some pragmatism.

AiM is certainly not alone in their announcement of "vaporware." VBOX was well over six months late in their introduction of their 1080px2 HD2 unit, Trivinci systems was nine months late with the HDX2, so this is pretty standard fare.

I understand the desire of companies to keep their name in lights, but as a dealer selling more than several hundred thousand dollars of their product EVERY year, I need REAL data and REAL dates, not a wish list of when this stuff might be avalailable. Mike, Mike and Enrico are are WELL aware of my impatience!

My advice to you (and to buyers) is to not promise delivery until the product is IN YOUR HANDS.
The end of year was for 2017. Sorry for the typo. As you know as a fellow dealer, Q2 is probably optimistic.

The deja vu is you jumping in my thread trying to sell product. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're trying to imply that I'm too young and inexperienced in comparison to you so you can try and sell things in my thread, no? That is the sort of poor form I'm speaking of.

It was good seeing folks like Dr. Dave, Dave and Ellen Ferguson, and lots of other top line dealers. Sorry you couldn't make it out for a second year in a row. Maybe next year we can set up an AiM dealer dinner event or something similar.

Quick Reply: New AiM Products to be displayed PRI