Notices

SmartyCam HD GP not recognized

Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SmartyCam HD GP not recognized

I've tried everything I can think of, need the collective help of Rennlisters. I just purchased a SmartyCam HD GP and Solo DL. I'm using a new Toshiba laptop PC running Windows 8. When I connect the SmartyCam to the computer I get the following message:

USB device not recognized
The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.
Recommendation
Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it your device may not be working properly.

I have tried reconnecting and get the same message. AIM tech support suggested turning off all firewall software which I did and I still get the same message. I then uninstalled all AIM software, turned off all firewall and smartscreen software and reinstalled the AIM software. Then I reconnected the SmartyCam with the firewall software still off and I get the same error message.

I did a driver search in Windows with the SmartyCam attached via USB and it says the correct driver software is installed for the device.

What do I try next? Is it possible I have a malfunctioning unit.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 757 Likes on 497 Posts

Try going into the control panel, then device manager, then the camera should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point with it. If it does, you should then be able to make it look for the driver and get it working. Robbie at AiM is really good with this too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SmartyCam HD GP not recognized