How can XPEL protect your ride today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 01:31 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default How can XPEL protect your ride today?

While this video isn't of an Porsche, you certainly share the same feeling of relaxed driving, knowing that the paint on your new vehicle is protected from road damage. The owner of this 2016 Stingray came into XPEL and had the full front end wrapped on his brand new corvette. They came back recently with some bad news...a giant rock had attacked the front end of his car while speeding down the highway. No good!

Luckily, the XPEL ULTIMATE clear bra saved his paints life! Within just a few short minutes we remove the film and wiped away the dirt under the section where the film has ripped and been torn by the rock. We replaced the bumper at the clients' request and he was on his way within a few hours. Could you imagine the bumper without the paint protection film, right in the center of the bumper.

Without further adieu, the video...

To find an installer nearest you, please visit: XPEL Installer Locator

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

When you do find an installer:

- Be sure to ask for wrapped edges where possible (meaning that the film will wrap over the edge of the panel)
- Visit their shop and look at some of their installations they've completed, as certain installers may do things differently
- Exam the installation to see if the visible seams are close the edge of the body panel
- You can ask them if they've wrapped your vehicle before, some installers may have wrapped a few, some may have wrapped a hundred...it's best to find an installer you feel comfortable leaving your pride and joy with.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I had XPEL installed on the front (full front) of my then new 2016 Cayman S here by the Porsche dealer. Or at the dealer by his contractors.

Anyway, just a few days later the front took a whack by a big bug. At least thats what I believe as I hit a few bugs that evening and cleaned them off. But it dented and tore the XPEL on the leading edge of the upper portion of the bumper. It could be in to the paint as well, but Im not sure as I haven't messed with it.

What does XPEL say to do? Replace that strip entirely? But roughly whats the cost of that?

Ill tell you something else too while I got you. When the XPEL was new and I put my factory Porsche Cayman cover on the car, when I would take it off the letters and crest were clearly visible in or on the XPEL. NO - - I didn't dream it. At a low angle to the hood it was clearly there. I thought about taking the XPEL off the car but I used the hot water and sponge on it.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
I had XPEL installed on the front (full front) of my then new 2016 Cayman S here by the Porsche dealer. Or at the dealer by his contractors.

Anyway, just a few days later the front took a whack by a big bug. At least thats what I believe as I hit a few bugs that evening and cleaned them off. But it dented and tore the XPEL on the leading edge of the upper portion of the bumper. It could be in to the paint as well, but Im not sure as I haven't messed with it.

What does XPEL say to do? Replace that strip entirely? But roughly whats the cost of that?

Ill tell you something else too while I got you. When the XPEL was new and I put my factory Porsche Cayman cover on the car, when I would take it off the letters and crest were clearly visible in or on the XPEL. NO - - I didn't dream it. At a low angle to the hood it was clearly there. I thought about taking the XPEL off the car but I used the hot water and sponge on it.

Thanks.
Hi TexasRider, we actually have an XPEL Corporate location in Houston. Without seeing the vehicle its hard to say, I'd recommend taking it to the shop and see what they would recommend. The shop manager's name is Eric Petree, they will be able to take care of you.

Address: 220 Barren Springs Dr #3, Houston, TX 77090
Phone: (713) 373-3546
Old 04-27-2017, 08:17 AM
ckarlos
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Xpel is definitely a better choice than 3M. It is just a bit pricey.

Quick Reply: How can XPEL protect your ride today?