Oakes Detail Macan GTS Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oakes Detail Macan GTS Review

Hi Guys,

I wante to give a shoutout to Nick Oakes and his detail shop Oakes Detail. I've used his services for my GT4 and now the Macan GTS. I'm very particular about how my cars look so I wanted to go to the best. I called several XPEL shops in the PA, NJ, MD region and saw their work and Nick is definitely the best.

When I ordered the Macan GTS, I noticed that most shops use the template which does not cover the entire hood, it leaves a line at the back of the hood near the A-pillar. Nick is one of the few XPEL installers in the US with the expertise to cover the entire hood with one sheet of XPEL. I've attached photos of the film application process, the end product showing the film covering the entire hood with no lines. Nick also applied CQUARTZ Finest to the film and the car, giving it a spectacular shine.

Nick is a perfectionist and definitely goes the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect. He stands behind every car he works on and asked that I bring the car back after it's been driven for a few weeks to make sure the XPEL film and CQUARTZ Finest are perfect. See below for the pics, Nick has an enclosed trailer to pick up your ride so and bring it to his shop so it doesn't pick up any rock chips on the way over. Lastly, the Macan GTS is a beast! Definitely the sweet spot of the lineup.
Attached Images           
Old 02-05-2017, 06:15 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

A few more pics showing the details.
Attached Images           
Old 12-10-2017, 07:29 PM
u1-2go
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great !!