Notices

Zaino - is this still a product to use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:49 AM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino - is this still a product to use?

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Zaino for the last 10 years or so, I'm not really a concours detailer per se but once in a while I get a bug up my butt to wash and Zaino my cars. I haven't really been up to date on the newer products so I'm asking for your advice.

I like Zaino because of the shine and long lasting effects of their products.

Here's some insight on the car

2016 Carrera GTS White

Full front Clear Bra'd
I've already did the dawn wash, Zaino'd clay bar, Z2, Z6, Z8 then Z CS, I think I did 2 applications of the Z2, Z6 and Z8.

Any insight you may provide would be helpful

Thank you again!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:26 PM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Good afternoon

I bought some Zaino however i have never been able to get a shine from it, i polish it off by hand, do you need a machine to get heat into it???
Old 04-29-2016, 01:31 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by andy928
Good afternoon

I bought some Zaino however i have never been able to get a shine from it, i polish it off by hand, do you need a machine to get heat into it???
Zaino won't do to much as far as correcting paint. If your paint isn't already polished I would start with having the paint corrected first and then apply Zaino. The reflective qualities of Zaino are insane.

Having said that, personally I'm not a huge fan of Zaino and prefer a good high end Carnauba for a deep finish that allows the paint color to pop.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:03 AM
porsche951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Zaino for a decade on my Honda S2000 and after 125k miles paint still looked showroom new. I always applied multiple layers and topped it off with a liquid carnuba wax. On my 911 I've been using Menzerna FMJ instead of Zaino but mostly because it's just easier to find.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:46 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino customer here for 17 years. I use it on my Lambo, p car, and rest of my fleet. Layering will make the color pop. The clear seal works great on clear bra and painted surface as the final layer. If you have a convertible with plastic Windows, clear seal works well too. Their leather treatment is still my favorite.

Besides the product and long lasting results, customer service is top notch. I have had long fun conversations with Sal as the owner Zaino. He is a real car guy. You won't get that with other brands.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:04 PM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for that, i tried it on my four cars at the time and had trouble on all four must see if i still have some left and try it again.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Griot's new liquid Poly Wax was a pleasant surprise & I've tried them all I think.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I was a Zaino fan for many years but switched when I discovered Adams products. I bought the porter cable buffer with all the chemicals and wax from Adams. Great how to video's, customer service and I've met Adam at a few dealer events. It's work checking out. www.adamspolishes.com. Or you should check out www.detailersdomain.com They carry Adams gear as well.
Good luck!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
glenn1d
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino was fine in its time and still works well but I think the new coatings have made it obsolete. 2 applications of any of the quality coatings (22ple, Carpro, etc.) will last longer and look just as good. As always, the prep is everything but try some 22ple and see what you think.

Quick Reply: Zaino - is this still a product to use?