Notices

I made a beginner's mistake

Old 11-10-2015, 04:39 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not feel bad, the real beginners mistake is placing the window wipers in the upright position then opening the hood..

guess what they come into contact with the hood and boom you have a scratched hood.

I do like to wash my car with them up, then I dry is place them down and lift the frunk slightly and soak up all the remaining water in the jambs..

you also have to do this on the deckild as tons of water is captured there too!

mike
Old 11-11-2015, 10:39 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofever
do not feel bad, the real beginners mistake is placing the window wipers in the upright position then opening the hood..

guess what they come into contact with the hood and boom you have a scratched hood.

I do like to wash my car with them up, then I dry is place them down and lift the frunk slightly and soak up all the remaining water in the jambs..

you also have to do this on the deckild as tons of water is captured there too!

mike
Thanks for the heads up. I've gotten use to leave my key inside my garage so the frunk doesn't open while washing.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:22 AM
Tallest
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Trucheli I was just wondering how you got on with the cleaning of your seat. I have exactly the same issue and wanted a heads up on how to tackle the spillage that has gone into the perforated holes in my seat. I have purchased a steam cleaner recently but that was going to be the last resort if I'm honest as I've received differing comments about if steam can be used on leather.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by Tallest
Hi Trucheli I was just wondering how you got on with the cleaning of your seat. I have exactly the same issue and wanted a heads up on how to tackle the spillage that has gone into the perforated holes in my seat. I have purchased a steam cleaner recently but that was going to be the last resort if I'm honest as I've received differing comments about if steam can be used on leather.

Thanks in advance.
I have tried all of the above and no better results. the residue is still there. I am living with it.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 AM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Did you try a steam machine?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 PM
trucheli
Pro

double post

Last edited by trucheli; 03-16-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
trucheli
Pro

I have not because I am afraid to mess up the ventilation and heating system by introducing water into the perforated seats that I am not going to be able to get out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I made a beginner's mistake