Notices

Clear Bra Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 PM
ttlwh
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Clear Bra Installation

Trying to understand the different methods of installing clear bras, and they seem to be all over the map.

I have had 3-M clear bras in the past and every clear bra I have ever seen always has gaps along the edge of any panel that is covered.

Have recently read about "wrapped" installations and it seems like some installers can/will wrap the edge of the clear bra material around the edge of the affected panel so you so not see the edges. From what I can figure out this has nothing to do with the different materials, i.e. Suntek, Xpel, etc. and has only to do with the individual installer and just how talented he is.

If I've got anything wrong would appreciate someone chiming in to correct me.

Lastly, does anyone know of any installers in the Sacramento, CA area that can wrap a clear bra?

Thanks for you help!
Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ttlwh
Trying to understand the different methods of installing clear bras, and they seem to be all over the map.

I have had 3-M clear bras in the past and every clear bra I have ever seen always has gaps along the edge of any panel that is covered.

Have recently read about "wrapped" installations and it seems like some installers can/will wrap the edge of the clear bra material around the edge of the affected panel so you so not see the edges. From what I can figure out this has nothing to do with the different materials, i.e. Suntek, Xpel, etc. and has only to do with the individual installer and just how talented he is.

If I've got anything wrong would appreciate someone chiming in to correct me.

Lastly, does anyone know of any installers in the Sacramento, CA area that can wrap a clear bra?

Thanks for you help!
When getting a clear bra installed we always recommend asking your installer to wrap the edges where possible.

A great thing with XPEL is that we have a list of installers across the united states and world. ULTIMATE carries a 10 year warranty against, yellowing, cracking, peeling, staining, and hazing, and reimburses both film and labor in the unlikely event of a failure.

It's also self-healing, meaning it will self heal swirl marks and fine scratches, check out:

Finding a good installer is crucial, we know XPEL ULTIMATE will work well but that is why we have our dealer locator to help you find a good installer. If you are looking for an XPEL installation, click: XPEL Sacramento Installers

Last edited by XPEL; 07-07-2015 at 10:51 PM. Reason: youtube video didn't work

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Installation