Notices

Car cover advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:29 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts
Default Car cover advise

I need some help and think this is the best spot to get it.

I own a 991TT Cab. I am looking for an indoor cover that will also not "shed" on the cab top.

I purchased the Porsche outdoor cover. My only issue is the inside of the cover does not feel all that soft.

1. Has anyone had issues with the Porsche cover scratching the paint?
2. Is there a better option based on the above needs?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:14 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Dustop cover. I have one one a couple and the other on a cab. No shedding and nice and soft.

http://www.covercraft.com/cartlink/i...t&prod_id=ccdp
Old 04-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have the Form Fit which I've had on a couple of cars for several years and it works extremely well. It's super soft, stays in place and it's thick so it absorbs minor bumps. It does shed on the canopy top a bit so I picked black.

The most important part of using a car cover is to make sure the car is completely clean before you install the cover. If the car is dusty or dirty the dirt will accumulate on the inside of the cover and chaffe the paint resulting in swirls. I've been using mine for four years and I simply shake it out every few months, nothing more.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:20 PM
ottobon100
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Porsche Outdoor Cover

I have the Porsche outdoor cover also. On my black Cayman it seems to do fine even though it doesn't seem soft. I only put it on if I'm not using the car for awhile and only if the car has just been washed. It is parked in our garage. I just had it on for almost a month and while there was some "dust" on the car a quick sweep with a California car duster did the trick. No scratches.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:46 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

I kept the outdoor one. So far, so good. It does not appear to be scuffing the finish at all. I have to figure that it is from Porsche and I trust they would not put a product out there that would damage the clear coat.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The porsche indoor cover is far softer then the outdoor one. I definitely prefer it over the outdoor since I have owned both.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vehicle Weather Protection Covers - http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2015...on-covers.html
Old 05-27-2015, 06:46 AM
ckarlos
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that cleaning your car or removing the dust is the solution to avoid unwanted scratches or marring when using a cover.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:52 AM
rrc715
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

I have purchased covers from "High-End Motorsports". I have not had any scrathes related to the covers. They are good quality and fitted to your model car. Just as stated above, I never put the cover on the car unless the car has just been washed or wiped down. I think you really have to manage keeping the inside of the cover from getting dusty so it does not add dust to the car when you place it on. I think that is where you start getting light scrathes (Dusty Car Covers). RRC715

http://www.high-end-motorsports.com/

Quick Reply: Car cover advise