Notices

Sill freshening

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 AM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Question Sill freshening

I just acquired a 09 997 and have a couple of questions that someone might be able to help me with. First the black plastic material just inside the door jam has pretty significant scuffing from the previous owner dragging his shoes across the scuff plate when entering the car. The scuffing is beyond any help provide by Amor All, it helps but the scuffing still shows. does anyone have a technique for bringing back a more consistent appearance on scuffed black plastic door sills?
My second problem is more difficult. My car is equipped with lit aluminum door sills. At some point someone used a something very abrasive on the surface. In good light you can see significants scratches probably caused by something like steel wool or a brillo pad. I assume this is a raw metal piece without any coating applied. I'm thinking my only solution is to go after it will fine steel wool until I achieve an even finish, but the whole idea scares me a little. Has anyone tried to restore these sills before and if so how and what was the result? Thanks for any advice provided..

Quick Reply: Sill freshening