Old 11-21-2016, 01:33 PM
lilseevs
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for PPI recs in St. Louis, MO

Hey All,

I am looking to get into a 997.2 C4S here in STL

I have found a couple, but need to get a PPI on them

Anyone have any recs on a shop able to perform one in the area? I am located in Clayton if that helps

TIA!!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PPI in STL

A while back I e-mailed Exotic Motors about a PPI and they said that they do offer that service.

The seller wanted way too much for the car though, so I never bothered with the PPI, so I can't personally recommend their service.

However, you can e-mail them at service@exoticmotorsmidwest.com to talk to them about one.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:06 PM
69MACH1
7th Gear

Originally Posted by lilseevs
Hey All,

I am looking to get into a 997.2 C4S here in STL

I have found a couple, but need to get a PPI on them

Anyone have any recs on a shop able to perform one in the area? I am located in Clayton if that helps

TIA!!
Reid Vann is pretty close to you (basically at the corner of McKnight and Manchester). I have not used them for a PPI but they do offer them and I have had positive dealings with them in the past.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:29 PM
lilseevs
AutoX

Unfortunately I have not had good experiences with either shop in the past with previous vehicles. Reid Vann is ridiculously overpriced and Exotic Motors does not have a great rep amongst enthusiasts in the city

Porsche STL has said they will do an all-encompassing PPI for $250 and GLB Motorwerks off of Big bend said $300 for a full top down with the car being looked over for the entire day - both recommended by local 997 owners

Just posting the pricing so if someone searches in the future they have a reference point
Old 12-13-2016, 11:28 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by lilseevs
Unfortunately I have not had good experiences with either shop in the past with previous vehicles. Reid Vann is ridiculously overpriced and Exotic Motors does not have a great rep amongst enthusiasts in the city

Porsche STL has said they will do an all-encompassing PPI for $250 and GLB Motorwerks off of Big bend said $300 for a full top down with the car being looked over for the entire day - both recommended by local 997 owners

Just posting the pricing so if someone searches in the future they have a reference point

I bought a car from Exotic Motors Midwest a few years back and had the Porsche dealer that's closest to them do a PPI... there were several cosmetic issues that I would have liked to know about before buying the car without seeing it. I was very clear with them about what I wanted them to look for.
Also, the spoiler rams went bad on the car within 3 weeks... there was evidence that they were leaking for a while and I felt the PPI should have found the issue.
Just posting my experience.

Quick Reply: Looking for PPI recs in St. Louis, MO