Notices

K.O. Tire Retire; Need new tire installer Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 10:45 AM
krautcars
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default K.O. Tire Retire; Need new tire installer Chicagoland

With much sadness, I found out from my friend yesterday, that he was the last customer at K.O. Tire on Friday. The two brothers are retiring after 40 years. These guys were completely **** about mounting and balancing tires on the car and never scratched a single rim. These guys even went to the length to properly torque the wheels with a torque wrench instead of going crazy with the power tools. These guys will truly be missed!

So with that, who do you guys go to in the Chicagoland area that you not only trust with your Porsche, but your other vehicles to mount and balance tires? If possible a place that doesn't mind you standing by them as they do the process to make sure they're not doing something wrong.

I know some people like the big chain stores for mounting, but I'm not interested and I don't trust those shops.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:22 PM
djillusion
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Al at Chicago Perfomance and Tuning (www.gocpt.com) in Melrose Park.

His team will do exactly what you are looking for with respect to mounting/balancing tires properly with great care and they are a top tier shop for anything else related to your Porsche.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:28 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tires

Fisher motorsports in Barrington and A&L in palatine.

Both of them work on lots of very high end cars.

Quick Reply: K.O. Tire Retire; Need new tire installer Chicagoland