Notices

955 (957?) Cayenne DIY: Brake lines replacement & fluid flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:31 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 955 (957?) Cayenne DIY: Brake lines replacement & fluid flush

I put this together as I was replacing lines on the car.
My symptom was passenger caliper, under very heavy braking would sometimes not release pressure fully. Result was car would bind and I would have to wait for pressure to relieve over about 30 seconds, before pressure released fully.

To determine this, I inspected the brake system. Fluid condition, pistons and caliper (check for scoring). Replaced piston seals.
Ensured to use new brake hardware kit also.
After all the inspections and maintenance, behavior still present.
Only option then wass to replace brake lines.
Ordered from ECS tuning for a great price of $55 per front (2 lines!). Braded steel lines, red color matching calipers.

Easy DIY, take your time, follow bleeding/flushing instructions exactly, and you will be fine.

Each new line has a metal notch on end of the connection. That notch goes through a cutout on the line connection bracket on the car. Make sure you match them together so you can have full and secure connection.

The DIY uses vacuum line caps (I used blue, not sure of size). Got off eBay for $5 shipped. Search for vacuum line caps and you will find them. Pic of the kit is in diy instructions. Very useful to prevent line fluid leaking after you open it (stops air from coming in and fluid from leaking all over the bottom of car).
Good luck.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Nice write-up. I have those same red lines in the garage from ECS that I'll be installing as part of my PCCB upgrade. The red looks great with the red calipers but wish they offered them in yellow or clear for mine.
The following users liked this post:
jigbobby (10-20-2020)

Quick Reply: 955 (957?) Cayenne DIY: Brake lines replacement & fluid flush