Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Cayenne - Replace PCM with Aftermarket Double Din Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 07:49 AM
Ariz M. Kohli
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump up an old thread but after a lot of searching I was lead here and hoping this would help resolve my issues.

So, mine is a 2012 cayenne hybrid with the CDR system (not PCM) with bose audio. My central screen is acting flaky; itermittently goes blank and at times I can hear clicking and knocking sounds from it. When it dies even the info and control functions on the speedo control die, so if radio was playing I can't change the stations with the sterring mounted control, can't use the handsfree phone, etc.

The dealer says the main board in central display is spoilt and the entire system needs repalcement, been quoted a crazy price for a new unit. So what are my options, can I fit an after market system which will retain all the vehicle info and controls from the main screen and the steering control? Or a refurbished/upgraded factory unit?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-24-2020, 11:17 PM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Ali site sells entire android Tesla style units. You may just lose some functionality in that third cluster window.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:28 AM
Ariz M. Kohli
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickdvl
Ali site sells entire android Tesla style units. You may just lose some functionality in that third cluster window.
That's what I want to know from experts here; what functionality is lost and if there are any units which retain the the key vehicle functionality like parking sensor info

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne - Replace PCM with Aftermarket Double Din Navigation