PCM 2.0 05 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Tammy Wood
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM 2.0 05 Cayenne

Hello,
My goodness I feel like I live in this forum already. So, here goes. I've read about the software updates required, and I have the Bose Fiber Optic.
1. I intend to have the dealership update the firmware

2. My DVD stopped loading, rendering the amp, cd changer and navigation useless. I 'think' I read somewhere that I could have the dealer override my fiber optic connection to the DVD - whilst allowing the cd changer and amplifier to work without it, thus closing the loop.
3. The reason to eliminate it is, it has stopped engaging- its silent where it used to be noisy, so I think after ten years it's just flat tired.

Is that the case? Also, I have the oldest PCM known to man ( in a 2005 Cayenne S SW version 1. Target: 04035AD1/0304 & System Software: 03505AD1/5003). So if I purchase a complete system, will that solve all my worries? Why an't I find just the navigation unit? And can I just bypass the ridiculous navigation and use the system?

Should I purchase a replacement system, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-OEM-Po...00610279&rt=nc
Basically claiming it would be plug in play, but after weeks of reading your forum posts, quite honestly I'm scared s&itless!
TIA for your time.
Now, this isn't my first rodeo with the German Gorgeousness, I also own a fully refurbished ( ground up) 1987 944 S. I know, why would you refurbish one? Well, I do LOVE LOVE LOVE these German finicky beauties.

Quick Reply: PCM 2.0 05 Cayenne