Replacing Air Filters on a Cayenne V8

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:17 AM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 76 Posts
Lightbulb Replacing Air Filters on a Cayenne V8

Sorry about the quality!
I hope everyone does their own air filters and not the stealership!

The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (07-04-2021)
Old 11-14-2019, 01:10 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Excellent! I love watching DIY videos on Youtube, but there's not much 958 content.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:28 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

A few comments..

The "not real bolts" are actually keyed to the housing. They used to have a tab on the bottom that was lined up with the slot in the hole they go in. To remove them, you line up the tab on the bottom with the slot (there is a mark on the head of the plastic key) and they slide right out.

As far as closing up the airbox - there is a latch sort of assembly on the bottom of the airbox that the cover locks into. If you don't get that right, you'll have (1) problems closing the top of the cover (2) air-leaks that bypass the filter. A really bright flashlight helps a bunch in lining that all up when reinstalling the covers.

Ah - see you found the tab on the 2nd filter. FWIW - most everyone breaks off the tabs on one or two. I did on my '06 CS - didn't make a difference, they're not coming out on their own.

Congrats on doing the job with minimum resources in a parking garage. Demonstrates people can do simpler jobs even if they don't have access to a tool-filled garage and lift.

I'll be adding this to the DIY - it really applies to the 955/957 also - it's basically identical.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (07-04-2021)