Boxster S Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:32 PM
SunBloc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster S Clutch Issue

2002 Boxster S - 6speed with 62k miles

A few weeks ago my clutch pedal started acting up. It was soft at the top and would give normal resistance at about half way down to the floor. Then when I released the clutch it would stick at about half way up and release after my foot was fully off of the clutch.

I tested the clutch for slipping and it was engaging well and not slipping under hard acceleration so I figured it was the master cylinder or air/moisture in the hydraulic lines.

First I bled the brakes and clutch slave cylinder and replaced all of my hydraulic fluid. It didnt solve the problem.

Next I replaced the master and slave cylinders on the clutch with a hydraulic fluid bleed. The clutch pedal actuation is exhibiting the same behavior as well as now when I push in the clutch while the motor is idling it makes a loud grinding noise.

My next step is to do a complete Clutch RMS, IMS, job.

Any one have any other tips or ideas? See the attached video of the sound the clutch is making while the pedal is depressed.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8512.mov (2.96 MB, 131 views)
Old 10-15-2017, 11:27 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Pressure plate failure?
Whatever it is you've done all the non-intrusive work so probably no alternative but to remove the transaxle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i predict all will be revealed upon trans removal

Quick Reply: Boxster S Clutch Issue