Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Hood release: C3 fuse jump/terminal clamp

Hi All
Happy new year!!
I have a dead battery in my 1997 Boxster. I am trying to engage the electronic hood release using a 12 volt battery through C3 fuse. my model does not have the red/positive terminal clamp in the fuse box, (I assume this was not available in 1997 model?) hence decided to use the C3 fuse instead. As I jump the C3 fuse I can hear the central locking system's alarm beeps but the hood would not open.
I understand there are few other manual alternatives such as yanking the cable under the wheel cover etc. but the C3 fuse jump should be the easiest.
Does anyone know why the C3 fuse jump is not giving the results I am looking for?
Thanks
Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I just realized something... my model levers for the trunks are manual so jump method would work, I don't know what I was thinking. I think need to unlock the lockout thing between the levers!!
Old 04-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Nathan Clark
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you manage to get the rear trunk open? I've got a 986 with manual levers and the alarm activated, so the battery is pulled. Is there instructions on how to unlock the lockouts?

Quick Reply: Hood release: C3 fuse jump/terminal clamp