Old 01-06-2017, 05:43 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Did you see Tim's comment

Originally Posted by sugarwood
Gorgeous !!
Hey Man,

hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy Bew Year. I just wanted to reach out to see if you saw Tim's comment on this thread. It's comments like that that get annoying but oh well, there are just ignorant people out there sometimes.

Anyway, hope all is well with you.

Take Care
Old 01-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Tim Lawton
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pkalhan
Hey Man,

hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy Bew Year. I just wanted to reach out to see if you saw Tim's comment on this thread. It's comments like that that get annoying but oh well, there are just ignorant people out there sometimes.

Take Care

you may find it annoying but it's just an observation...not ignorance...
I have a habit of looking inside a 'vette to see if it's an auto or a stick...
if it's an auto, 9 out of ten times the owner bought it so he\she could say "i own a 'vette...if it's a manual, 10 out of ten times the owner will tell you "I love to drive and the 'vette get's it done"...the only car I would own with an auto would be a Volvo S-60r...
Old 01-07-2017, 10:32 AM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pkalhan
Hey Man,

Take Care
Yes I saw that and found it tasteless. Although I have two manual Porsches I think a person should purchase the car they want with the transmission they want. There can be many reasons why a person would choose an auto or a stick and they shouldn't be criticized for their decision.
Your "Nisan" looks great and I hope you're enjoying it!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Tim Lawton
Advanced

every one has an opinion. I respect yours, even though I disagree...
I just happen to be a control freak when it comes to cars. I want to make my own decisions as to when I want to shift, not the car. even with a pdk, the choice is yours (if you want it to be)...
end of conversation...
Old 01-07-2017, 03:05 PM
kderry
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Did you see Tim's comment?"
Awwwwww, lol!

I find it just plain odd that the Nissan is so obviously trying to look like a Porsche. It's blatantly obvious.

Anyway, this is a Porsche forum. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your Nissan. There are some good forums out there for that car.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Tim Lawton
Advanced

Originally Posted by kderry
"Did you see Tim's comment?"
Awwwwww, lol!

I find it just plain odd that the Nissan is so obviously trying to look like a Porsche. It's blatantly obvious.

Anyway, this is a Porsche forum. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your Nissan. There are some good forums out there for that car.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your Nissan too...
and I always thought that the car is an obvious intent to resemble a Porsche...

But I know nothing.....

heck, all I have is an "entry level" Porsche anyway...used at that...
which I drive with gusto!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:59 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tim Lawton;

But I know nothing.....

heck, all I have is an "entry level" Porsche anyway...used at that...
which[B
I drive with gusto![/B]
I wouldn't say that, you know plenty. You know what you like and you bought it and enjoy it to the fullest! That's the way to do it IMO!
A Boxster may be entry level but they're sure a lot of fun to drive and a great introduction to all that Porsche has to offer. I added a 993 to my garage because of the enjoyment I got from my Boxster. I've never considered selling the Boxster, I've been fortunate enough to keep both.
Keep on driving with gusto I say!
Old 01-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Tim Lawton
Advanced

I'd love to own a 993....but I wasn't paying attention and the prices on those bad boys went through the roof almost overnight. A late friend of mine bought a '98 Cab for $22k about 3 years ago from an exotic sports car dealer in Charlotte, NC. It was in show room condition. You couldn't touch one for that money now...unfortunately, he died about 6 months later. I tried to buy it from his wife, but she wouldn't let it go....If I didn't have a passion for racing sail boats (owning and maintaining), I'd buy one...
so it goes....

tim
Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 AM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Ain't that the truth Tim! I wish I could say that I had made that conscious decision but it was mostly dumb luck! Lol! When I bought mine a 993 and a 996 were about the same price and I chose the 993 because I always liked their styling. Now 6 years later I couldn't be happier with that decision. I bought at what has shown to be the bottom of the depreciation for 993s and as a Canadian I also lucked out with the dollar, I actually made money on the exchange rate! I feel very fortunate to have it because there is no way I could afford the same car today.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:30 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Lawton
I find it hard to believe that any driving enthusiast can't shift a manual. I mean, if you can't shift when you want, what's the point of owning a "sports car"???

tim
1. The potential buyer of a Boxster doesn't have to be an enthusiast. All they have to be is a potential buyer. The buyer of my second Boxster was young enough I doubt they drove a stick. Could play the cello though. Could pay cash. And, when selling, the "pay cash" is all that matters. So yes TIPs can sell quickly.

2. I suppose my first half dozen cars were stick. Volvo PV544, Alfa Gulietta Spider 1300 Veloce, VW Type 3, Alfa Gulia 1600 Spider, Porsche 914. I could go on. But when my commute went from 7 minutes at 70MPH to creeping along for 45 minutes, I noticed I was more relaxed when I got home the few days I took my wife's automatic. My next car was a BMW 2002a automatic. Sometimes it isn't a matter of "can't", but "want".

To each his own, I'm not superior to you because of my choice of car, engine or transmission. We each make our own choices. Its wonderful we can.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Tim Lawton
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikefocke
1. The potential buyer of a Boxster doesn't have to be an enthusiast. All they have to be is a potential buyer. The buyer of my second Boxster was young enough I doubt they drove a stick. Could play the cello though. Could pay cash. And, when selling, the "pay cash" is all that matters. So yes TIPs can sell quickly.

2. I suppose my first half dozen cars were stick. Volvo PV544, Alfa Gulietta Spider 1300 Veloce, VW Type 3, Alfa Gulia 1600 Spider, Porsche 914. I could go on. But when my commute went from 7 minutes at 70MPH to creeping along for 45 minutes, I noticed I was more relaxed when I got home the few days I took my wife's automatic. My next car was a BMW 2002a automatic. Sometimes it isn't a matter of "can't", but "want".

To each his own, I'm not superior to you because of my choice of car, engine or transmission. We each make our own choices. Its wonderful we can.

"potential buyers" was not the substance of my remark, if you're the seller. I stand by my remark...anyone buying a pure sports car with an auto isn't interested in the car, they just want to say they own a Porsche...

I never owned an automatic until I bought my 95 Volvo TR5, which I spent a lot of money making "improvements" to it. It was my DD for 15 years. I still have it, but drive it rarely, although it does push 300 hp with all the mods I made to it including updating the suspension so it rides harsher than my box. It will make you smile, but it does not give me the pure joy of driving a Boxster does.

I wouldn't abuse any Porsche Model driving it in stop and go traffic for hour, one way each day. That would kill it faster than the way I drive my Box just to go to the grocery store.

as I said, you have an opinion and an agenda...you're entitled to it. I have my opinion, and I'm sticking by it.

tim
Old 03-12-2021, 11:44 AM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Pkalhan, after 5 years, can you update us with an ownership report of the 2003 Nissan 350Z ?
How did you like it ? Do you still own it ?

Quick Reply: 2001 Boxster...need help or advice on price and car overall