Sponsored by:

2002 boxter washer sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:11 AM
rchriswill
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 boxter washer sensor issue

I have a 2002 Boxter that just had the washer fluid light come on except it has fluid and works fine. Could the sensor be malfunctioning? If so where is the location of the sensor?
Old 10-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rchriswill
I have a 2002 Boxter that just had the washer fluid light come on except it has fluid and works fine. Could the sensor be malfunctioning? If so where is the location of the sensor?
Would hazard a guess the sensor is in the tank. Sorry not trying to be smart-alecky just not sure where else it could be.

While the sensor may be bad more often they get kind of scummy if the fluid level gets low and this can interfere with the sensor's function.

You might siphon the fluid out of the tank and use some kind of a hose to squirt water into the tank to flush out any sediment/scum that has accumulated in the tank. You'll have to stop before the tank overflows with fluid and siphon this fluid out and maybe do this a couple of times.

You can also carefully disconnect and connect the sensor at the wiring harness. The thinking is the sensor connection has developed some surface corrosion that a disconnect/connect would remove and the sensor would resume functioning again.

If none of the above help then replacing the sensor I guess would be called for. That is if it is available separately from the tank. I would hope so and would expect it would be but I have never had to deal with this problem.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Huge price difference between "genuine Porsche" and OEM
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...ELSENS_pg3.htm
There may be a VAG Interchange part available?

Quick Reply: 2002 boxter washer sensor issue