Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Art_pr
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THB Motorola L7089 installation in 986

Dear forum members,

just bought a 2001 2.7 986 in mint condition. 30000Km less than 20k Miles

There is an original telephone installation in the side console. THB Motorola L7089. Please see attached pics.

I would like to have your advice, if I could use some kind of adapter from motorola to iphone.

If not, please advise on how to remove / disable the cable (it goes from the console cradle and goes under the console carpet of the passenger side and I don't know how the carpet panel is tied to the car body... yes I know it sounds like a perfect newbie... ).

Many thanks in advance

Art
Attached Images    
Old 10-08-2016, 11:48 AM
KevinH2000
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Take a look at this thread: http://986forum.com/forums/general-d...or-please.html

It shows the phone connector. (Most people don't have the phone and they find this connector under the front part of the center console and ask about its function.)

To access it, pull off the two panels that are under the dash on the both sides of the center console. Then, remove the filler piece that sits on top of the center console under the dash. You should be able to see the connector and unhook your telephone.

I've heard that the phone was an expensive option in its day. It's interesting to see how technology evolved and made it obsolete.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Art_pr
4th Gear

many thanks @KevinH2000 !!!

just to be sure, a final clarification. Just stole the pic appended.

the side panels you refer are the ones with the green arrow

and the filler is the one with the yellow arrow.

is that so ?

Many thanks in advance one again

Art
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Art_pr
4th Gear

Hello again,

I am trying to remove the right cover (extended console for telephone - see pic attached) but for some reason it won't come out. I hear the clicks when I pull the back but then it seems to be stuck (screwed ?) in the front, and I fear to break something. The left one come off with almost no effort. Any other hint someone can provide ?
Thanks
Art
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2016, 03:04 PM
KevinH2000
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Can you can pull out the oddment bins/cubbies? That would allow you to look on the inside of the console to see if there is a fastener. I'm afraid the phone was a relatively rare option, so there probably aren't many folks with experience removing it.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Art_pr
4th Gear

Just by removing the left panel, I am able to also remove the filler (batwing ?). I can see a thick black electric cable (with the word Porsche) but there is no way to pull it out easily). The tray / bin just on top of the batwing, can only be released on its left (side of the removed panel) and there is no way to be released on the right side.

I really appreciate your help but I am an absolute inept.

Thank you anyway.
Art

Last edited by Art_pr; 10-10-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: THB Motorola L7089 installation in 986