Sponsored by:

LCD issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:55 AM
Johnboy4444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD issues

I am having a small issue with the LCD on my 97 Boxster. After replacing a faulty MAF sensor, and clearing the codes, the light on the clock/oil level LCD went out. No idea if this was pure coincidence or maybe it was something that happened as a result of clearing the code with my scanner (doubtful but hey, all is possible right?) The clock and oil level display operate just fine, but it literally happened right when I cleared the MAF codes.

Has anyone an idea on what may have happened or what to begin checking for? I don't want to hook the scanner back up and just start reading and clearing for s%$ts and giggles for obvious reasons, but perhaps there is a bulb or something? Never have really had the dash out on this car. I have on my 951, but that's a whole different beast.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnboy4444
I am having a small issue with the LCD on my 97 Boxster. After replacing a faulty MAF sensor, and clearing the codes, the light on the clock/oil level LCD went out. No idea if this was pure coincidence or maybe it was something that happened as a result of clearing the code with my scanner (doubtful but hey, all is possible right?) The clock and oil level display operate just fine, but it literally happened right when I cleared the MAF codes.

Has anyone an idea on what may have happened or what to begin checking for? I don't want to hook the scanner back up and just start reading and clearing for s%$ts and giggles for obvious reasons, but perhaps there is a bulb or something? Never have really had the dash out on this car. I have on my 951, but that's a whole different beast.
A '97 is going on 20 years old and a burned out bulb is a distinct possibility.

Quick Reply: LCD issues